So I am back from a fabulous 2 weeks in Vegas. Can't say I am overly happy to be back at work today, post holiday blues are most definitely in attendance. I'm also suffering a bit from Jet lag, so I was up from 3am yesterday, which made most of Sunday fairly painful. Thankfully, I slept a bit better last night so I don't feel too hideous today.
I've somehow managed to escape with just a 1lb gain. I was fairly mindful of what I ate and drank the whole time I was away and we walked a hell of a lot - at least 3 miles a day I would say. I also found myself unable to eat a lot most of the time, the portions were either far too big or the heat just made me not really want to eat much. A revelation I can tell you. Thankfully there were scales in the hotel room, so I could weigh myself most days to keep an eye on things. Americans also have a lot more healthy options available (as well as really bad ones too!) - Light beer (as in low calorie) is fairly standard, so I drank that or Gin and Slimline mostly. I tried to employ the basic principles of SW mainly and ate a lot of lean meat and Veg mostly.
The weather was brilliant most of the time (we had rain 3 times, unheard of) so there was a bit of sunbathing action, we saw a couple of shows - Cirque du Soleil and Mr. Matt Goss.... as a former Brosette, this was most exciting.
We went to some amazing restaurants, we shopped, we drank a fair amount, we explored the Strip. All in all, a wonderful holiday.
I look fairly massive in these photo's so it's made me even more determined to crack on with this weight loss business.
So, back to reality. I am joining a Slimming World class on Thursday and exercise is back on the menu. Having walked a lot while we were away, it's made me realise that it definitely helps. I am even considering a few personal training sessions to get me started once I work out my finances.
So, back on the diet today and Wii Zumba tonight. No more messing around.
Right, I'm off to wade through 1000+ emails and catch up with you all. Happy Monday people.
1lb gain is an absolute triumph! Especially in the US. Well done you
ReplyDeletePx
Sounds like you've had an ace holiday, love the pics! Your hotel room was lush!
ReplyDeleteFantastic achievement on the 1lb gain that makes me feel like such a piglet considering I only went to Cyprus!
Good for you for going to a SW class, I honestly think for me that the routine of going to get weighed in by someone else is a major factor of how I'm managing to stay on track, I can't trust myself to be so disciplined!
MrsShilts x
I am SO JEALOUS of you meeting Matt Goss!
ReplyDeleteWell done! And you look hot in the photos, btw.
ReplyDelete