So, what's been happening Chez Linz? Well, I've been ill (you hear me, another cold leading to another bad chest and therefore no gym for over a week), I've been working crazy hours and I've been spending my weekends rushing about all over the place. 2 weeks ago we drove up to Liverpool to visit friends and then last weekend, my parents came to stay so we spent the weekend entertaining them. We did get to see this however, something we've been missing for a long while in the UK... a beautiful weekend.
So in summary, life has not been very relaxing.
This weekend will rectify all of that. We've spent the last of our wedding fund on 3 nights at the amazing Pennyhill Park hotel and we plan to do as little as possible other than relax in the spa and eat some lovely food. It's Matt's birthday on Monday, so I'm treating him to a meal at the 2 Michelin starred Latymer on Saturday night.
And then, we need to get down to business. It's 7 or so weeks until we fly to Thailand and I really need to lose at least a stone before that. I'm fatter than I've probably ever been (I'm not weighing myself) and I don't expect Thailand will be overly good for the waistline. So as of Monday, I commit to the following:
- Gym at least 3 times a week - no more excuses (unless on death bed again)
- No snacks unless it's fruit.
- Drink more water than alcohol (seriously, cherry and apple cider is like crack to me at the moment)
- Limited Carbs (kind of like the Harcombe diet, but not as rigid)
I need to try and do the above with the following already in the diary between now and 15th April when we go away:
- Weekend away with Matt & his birthday
- Dinner with some of the girls
- Dinner out with Matt (Groupon voucher due to expire)
- Dinner at a friends house with some of the other girls
- Weekend with yet more of the girls in Manchester
- Weekend visiting Matt's friends in Tavistock
- Weekend visiting my friends in Hull
- Lunch at the Square rescheduled from January
- Lunch with friends at various houses x 2
- Friends visiting from Scotland
I don't make life easy, do I? Maybe I need to get rid of some friends.... :)
So wish me luck! This is me today, expect a slimmer version next week....
I'm jealous of your amazing social life!! Though I get it, it makes being virtuous a whole lot harder. Do your best and hopefully your run of bad health will finish itself off.
ReplyDeleteSx
I think I'm seriously lacking in energy at the moment because this post (and another one from another blogger about a day trip to Eurodisney) as well as seeing my aged 81 year old father heading off to London for a day trip make me feel tired and old.
ReplyDeleteI suspect work and life demands are taking their toll and I need to buck up and get going again!
YOU, on the other hand, have a wonderful next few weeks in the run up to Thailand and keep up the diet.
Great to see you back and fighting again.
Lesley xx