Monday, 2 June 2014

The problem with me is....

I just can't be bothered...

I go through periods of disliking myself (albeit incredibly brief) and decide I need to swing into action and then I wake up to a good hair day or something equally as trivial and all attempts at banishing some lard are forgotten.

My eating, when I cook at home, is spot on. I cook everything from scratch, have around 5-10 portions of fruit and veg per day (green smoothies every day still) rarely have takeaways, chocolate, cakes or crisps but my portion control is way out. I can make the most healthy of meals, but eat enough for two. I still trying to stick to the principles of 5:2 with a couple of VLC days a week and that is going ok, but I'm not exactly committed.

I intersperse the good days with ridiculous days out where eating and drinking is the main focus (hello all you can eat and drink Sunday Brunch) and a jolly good time is had by all. I love nothing more than a couple of pints of cider or a few glasses of wine and really good meals out.  My issue is absolutely one of apathy.

Landmark Sunday Brunch

Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict, Macaroni cheese and hash browns @ Ben's Canteen

Amazing lunch @ Orwells 
(Crispy Pheasant Egg with Pork Belly, Fillet Steak with Fois Gras & Rhubarb & Custard Cheesecake)

This weekend see's us off to Gidleigh Park to celebrate my birthday. Do you see what I mean??

In an attempt to regain some of my fitness, I have signed up (read: been forced into) our Global Corporate Challenge. Teams of seven people competing to get the most number of steps over a 100 day period. Ahem. We've all been given a pedometer and the aim is 10,000 steps per day. This is somewhat tricky given I spend most of my day sat on my backside. I'm finding myself wandering in circles in the kitchen and jogging around the house in an attempt to meet my target. Every little helps I guess.

I've also joined an Abs Challenge on Facebook, day 1 was yesterday and even the minimal number of sit ups was enough to crucify me, but I'll give it a go.

Anyway, so in summary, I'm still here, I'm still trying sometimes (mostly my own patience) and I'm still fat.

1 comment:

  1. I empathise - the way I look isn't a motivator for me either. Perhaps not helped by the fact that I've never been thin.
    Perhaps try and find another way to be motivated?
    Are you gaining weight with your current lifestyle, or staying the same?
    I can talk - I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and when I really think about it, how much I weigh is bloody awful and I'm ashamed of it. But I still like myself, I accept that I'm human and my biggest fault is my inability to get a handle on my weight,
    I'm trying (and failing) to stick to WW. The club setting really worked for me in the past, but now I just find it irritating,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!