I was pretty pleased with myself as the seat belt on the plane did up for the first time in an age.... I should have known when I really struggled with it coming back that all had not gone according to plan.
I ate only twice a day. I stuck to Slimming World friendly foods for the most part. I ate pizza once (in Italy! once!) and had a delicious gorgonzola pasta dish on another evening, but other than that it was meat, fish, salads, pasta and tomato sauce. I ate my body weight in parma ham (carefully removing all traces of fat) and cherry tomatoes for breakfast with the odd bit of wholemeal bread. I walked 3 times as far on a daily basis as I do when I am at work (I have a step counter on my phone) and I limited my booze (no drinking before 6pm).
So, imagine my horror when I stepped on the scales on Monday night and I had gained back a whopping 11lbs..... This seems mostly unfair, but clearly I went wrong somewhere. Too much booze I suspect...
However, it's not all doom and gloom.... I had a really lovely time. I am still 16.5lbs lighter than I would have been had I not started on this journey and I can't imagine the damage I would have done if I hadn't attempted to be good.
I'm back at it (although my syns have been higher this week than I would have liked - post holiday come down I guess) so fingers crossed I can shift some of it this week.
I am, however, now wishing I'd consumed more pizza.
Anniversary dinner at our wedding hotel
Marina Grande Sorrento
Positano
Positano
Sounds (and looks) like you had a lovely time, and didn't ruin it for yourself by being anxious about food, which is something I struggle with (and therefore admire). Post-holiday bloat is really a thing -- most of the weight will come right back off after a few good days on SW...
ReplyDeleteYep, I agree - flying can play havoc with your hydration levels. It sounds like you were incredibly sensible and balanced in your approach to food and I'm sure the reward for that will manifest itself in a speedy drop back down to pre holiday weight levels. And in the meantime, it looks like you had a fantastic time, which is the most important thing.
ReplyDeleteSx
You and your holiday look gorgeous and happy and you are straight back on it so those lbs will disappear quickly I'm sure. Chin up chuck!
ReplyDeleteLesley xx