Thursday, 5 February 2015

G'day mate....

So back in July (or whenever it was) I decided I wanted to lose a bit of weight for our trip to Australia to celebrate Matt's 40th, the thought of spending 22 hours on a plane at that size was a hideous one. A few hours on a plane was uncomfortable, so anything else was terrifying.

I joined Slimming World with Matt and it's been brilliant for us. It doesn't feel like a 'diet' and it's something I'm pretty sure we can stick to.

I've not lost as much weight as I'd hoped, but to be honest, I'm pretty happy with what I've achieved. I have a pretty full on social life and I get great joy from eating out and weekends away. It's not easy to be completely on plan when you're doing this, so the fact I've dropped 35 pounds or so over this time is pretty damn good. I've dropped a dress size, my ankles no longer swell from sitting at my desk all day and my knees don't ache any more. That's pretty good going I reckon.

I made an effort to have one last big push before we go away, but have failed quite miserably at that! I had a hen weekend a few weeks ago, which involved 3 nights in Bath, much alcohol and not a lot of SW action. Cue 6.5 pounds on. I honestly think I can dream about food and wake up heavier. Still, I had a brilliant weekend and that is more important.

I've lost another couple of pounds since then, but the sum total for January is 0.5 on. Not exactly stellar is it? Ho hum.

Anyway, tomorrow we fly off to Australia for 3 WHOLE weeks. This is the longest holiday I've had since I started working 17 years ago! I can't wait.

We're off to Sydney, Melbourne, Hamilton Island and Brisbane, with 2 nights in Hong Kong on the way home. My aim is to not gain back the 35 pounds I've lost.... but the rate I seem to put weight on, who knows :) I expect we'll walk a lot, but I also expect we'll eat and drink and not worry too much. Anyway, I'll come back in March and start again. That's all we can do, right?

And so as not to break tradition, a couple of photos from Bath and some of the SW friendly food I have managed to consume in Jan. It's not been all bad!

Bath

 Hens
on plan food
cheese, ham & spinach toastie, wrap*** pizza, roast rib of beef, prawn salad

on plan food
'carbonara', lemon & butternut squash chicken, mushroom and onion scramble, dim sum

 on plan food
garlic stuffed chicken and fried rice, Chinese pork with curry sauce & fried rice, spinach & onion eggs with low fat sausages & toast**, leek & bacon pasta, tuna & cheese stuffed potatoes with salad


Right, I'll see you in March with numerous photos to bore you all senseless no doubt!

** this bread is a HeB and is amazing... 
*** these wraps are also a HeB and a pretty good for a change

4 comments:

  1. Have a great trip - are you flying from Brisbane to Hamilton Island or driving - we live probably about half way between the two - would awesome to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I only just saw this now :( We flew between all the places as we didn't feel like we had enough time to do it all. We'll definitely be back though! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm raging with jealousy. Have a wonderful time and watch out for their weird obsession with beetroot! I've seen them put half inch slabs of the stuff in a cheeseburger!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!