Now, I was mindful of weight gain given I have a pretty bad track record when it comes to holidays, but at the same time I didn't want to spend my holiday obsessing over every morsel that passed my lips. I ate what I wanted, but we made sure we only ate twice a day, sometimes only once and we walked a hell of lot more than I usually do. Probably around 5-6 miles a day on average - my feet certainly knew about it.
I wasn't too worried about weigh in on Monday as I knew I'd had the best 3 weeks ever and that is more important than a slight blip on the scales. Anyway, by some kind of miracle, I only put on 3 pounds. I am pretty over the moon with that.
So, Australia. I loved it. Sydney is pretty cool, Hamilton Island was heaven (I'd fly for 22 hours just to go back there) Melbourne has quite a European feel to it and Brisbane was pretty chilled (and very hot after the cyclone). Hong Kong is just crazy, but crazy good. We spent a lot of time exploring, researching (and eating at) the best restaurants (amazing food everywhere we ate), a bit of time lazing by pools or on beaches and did trips to the Great Ocean Road, Manly beach, Bondi, various Whitsunday Islands and the Gold Coast. Hong Kong was our stop over on the way home and as you can see from below, the weather was very overcast so I don't feel that we saw the place at it's best - we'll just have to go back....
Here's just a tiny selection of the million photos I took!
Sydney
Sydney
Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island
Great Ocean Road
Brisbane
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
I was really looking forward to some home cooking so the past few days have been totally back on track. Hopefully I can get those 3 pounds back off this week and then continue with losing a few more pounds before the summer. Watch this space...








I'm glad you had a brilliant time and well done on the tiny gain - just 1lb per week while on holiday!!
ReplyDeleteI love your pics - you look so relaxed and happy. Keep it up chuck.
Lesley x
Lovely pictures, Australia (and you!) looks gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWell done on such a small gain- you should be really proud! I went on a week's camping trip (I know, it is pretty similar to 3 weeks in Australia!) last year and put on 6lbs! I take my hat off for getting straight back to it too, it's not easy when you've been away.
xx
I am so jealous. Your photographs have been AMAZING! So glad you had a fabulous time and Matt had a great birthday. Well done on the 3lb gain, I can put that on in one weekend so that's awesome xx
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeletePx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete