Monday, 12 October 2015

Ouch

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've signed up for a programme at my local gym in an attempt to get fit before I turn 40 (8 months and counting, gulp). We had our first meeting on Tuesday to go over the programme and what it would
 entail and I left feeling very enthusiastic about it all.

Our first exercise class was Wednesday night, I was assured I could ease in gently having done no exercise of any worth for about 2 years so I wasn't too worried about it.... Oh how wrong I was. One word. Insanity. Has anyone ever tried this? If not, I don't suggest you do unless you're currently in training for the next Olympics. Oh my days. We did a 30 minute class, of which I managed probably 20 minutes tops. I thought I was going to be sick (thankfully there was a bin strategically placed next to me) and at one point, I got down to do a press up and my legs point blank refused to get me back up again. Cue me lying on the floor in a distressed heap.

Needless to say, Thursday and Friday were fun in that any form of movement was an impossibility. I'd forgotten how painful muscles can be when you use them...

On Friday afternoon we headed over to Suffolk to visit one of my besties for her 40th birthday, much booze and food followed so my first week attempting to be good was someone foiled, but I realise this is life and I cannot be swayed by a few bad meals. A lovely weekend was had and that is the most important thing of all.

So, the 2nd class of my 'programme' was at 0615 this morning. What sort of God awful time is that to be out of bed on a Monday? As if I didn't hate Monday's enough. Spinning today - I used to be an avid spinner, back in the day, so again I wasn't overly concerned. Again I was naive. How painful are bike saddles?? You'd think with my excessive ass cushioning, I'd find it relatively comfy, heck no! I can think of several ways to describe the pain in my under carriage right now, none of which I should probably publish, needless to say, I feel bruised in places I didn't know existed. My legs are also protesting some what. I am struggling to get on and off the toilet which is a tad embarrassing. Still, it can only get better, right?

My 'clean' eating hasn't been completely on point, but I'm definitely doing a lot better. I've not managed to (and I don't intend to yet) eliminate gluten from my diet and the odd Diet Coke is still creeping in (Aspartame is the work of the devil by all accounts) but it's definitely better. I was rewarded with a 7lb drop this morning but I suspect that is a false reading given I got weighed when I'd just got back from holiday and bloat was in full flow...

Anyway, Insanity again on Wednesday and a PT session on Friday. God help me and my nethers.


1 comment:

  1. Wowzers - 7lbs!

    Good luck with insanity - & I know just what you mean about the pain caused by bike saddles.

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!