Since my last post, I have literally been all over the place. Thursday night saw us joining the beer swilling masses at Wembley Arena for the final of the Premier League Darts Championship. I kid you not. It was much fun, but it did involve a dreadful 'boiled' burger from a van, much Lager and some warm Chardonnay. Such a classy evening.
We had booked into a hotel at Wembley (Ibis Hotel - avoid unless you wish to boil to death in bed) as we had the day off on Friday, so the day was spent, somewhat fuzzy headed, shopping at Westfield.
Friday night saw us fly up to Newcastle to spend the weekend with my parents and for Matt and my Dad to attend the Newcastle v West Brom game on Sunday. I met a couple of school friends for lunch on Saturday and then my parents took us to Lumley Castle for a celebratory engagement dinner. Much wedding chat (somewhat stressful) ensued which has left me somewhat concerned my plans aren't 'weddingy' enough. I've told my mother and my little sister they can have free reign on the party we will have once we are married, but I want Italy to be a relaxed and casual affair. I've no requirement for readings, speeches, horse drawn carriages or whatever else is deemed wedding like.
Anyway, we can safely say I consumed too much crap over the weekend and I drank far too much. I also had a 'pep' talk from my mother about not wanting to be a fat bride - however, I have been fat most of my life. Admittedly I don't want to be as big as I am now when I get wed, but I will never be a thin girl, no matter what I do, so I am really not going to make myself utterly miserable for the next 18 months in order to achieve the impossible. I will be a less fat bride - hopefully a few stone can be shed if I actually start eating properly and exercising more (I managed 2 small dog walks at the weekend - hardly good enough). I can't resist a little photo of my sisters new dog - how cute?
So - back to planning and tracking everything. Myfitnesspal has been accessed for the first time in over a week, I'm out tonight but I've chosen my meal and everything else today has been planned to fit around tonight's meal. I hope to report a few trips to the gym soon too.
I have been reliably informed by pretty much everyone that stress is a completely normal part of the wedding planning process.
ReplyDeleteI have stuck to my guns from the very beginning about having our day exactly as WE wanted it, and yes, it did cause some consternation and even upset in the beginning, but with only three months to go now I am really glad I followed my instinct because it still feels like our wedding done for us, not like something done for other people.
Sx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll stick to what you and Matt want. As for the fat bride comment, I understand why your Mum said it as I also think that about myself sometimes, but really what is so wrong with being a fat bride? You are a good person with a good job and a loving family; there are worse things than looking more than a size 10 on your wedding pics.
ReplyDeleteMake sure whatever you do, don't budge on what you and Matt want for your wedding! It is your day, remember. I tried my best but some of the big concessions I made I am still a bit resentful of... I wish I'd held my ground at the time.
ReplyDeleteAs for the fat bride comment - argh, that makes me want to tear my hair out. What is it with mothers making unhelpful comments about this kind of thing? Even when they mean to do the opposite. I had a lot of pressure from my family to lose weight for my wedding, because they knew I was self conscious about it. In the end, all it did was make me feel worse about myself, and send me into a panicked cycle of starve and binge. I did NOT lose weight for the wedding, needless to say. And you know what? Who cares. I love the photos of my wedding because I look happy - that's what a wedding is about. Matt wants to marry you, not you 20 pounds thinner.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, I just hope you dont take that to heart! As you say, dont make yourself miserable trying to achieve the impossible. You have a great attitude.
And PS - you are STUNNING as you are now. Seriously, you're beautiful.
Ahh, yes everyone getting their twopenn'arth in on YOUR wedding. I'm afraid you need to nip this in the bud firmly and quickly or you will find yourself at an event that you cannot recognise as your own.
ReplyDeleteYou and Matt need to sit down and work out what YOU both want and don't let other people try and make it about them. I do think you'll regret it if you get there and you don't recognise your day. And it IS your day - not your mum's, your sister's or anyone elses.
Px
That's why we eloped!! - see the pics in my last post. As everyone else above says - there are only two important people in all of this - you and Matt - so do what you both want. Zxx
ReplyDelete