Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Overdoing it.


My attempt at photographing my food so as to stay on track has not really gone to plan. I keep forgetting until I'm half way through eating and no one needs to see a half decimated plate of food.

I've been trying to eat a lot more Veg (on account of having a fridge full of the stuff) so here are a couple of creations I've eaten this week. Food portions are still far too large. I need smaller plates.

Gnocchi with Vegetable & Tomato Sauce (Tomatoes, Peppers, Mushrooms, Onions, Spring Greens, Garlic and Basil) and Grilled Light Halloumi.


Salad of Romaine Lettuce, Watercress, Beetroot Tops, Carrot, Tomatoes, Avocado, Peppers and Cucumber with Light Halloumi, Pasta Salad and Reduced Fat Coleslaw. This took hours to eat and left me feeling pretty stuffed.


Lamb Rogan Josh with extra Veg - Carrots, Onions, Mushrooms, Courgette and Fresh tomatoes with Rogan Josh Paste, fresh Ginger and Tinned Tomatoes. Served with Paratha. This was amazing if I do say so myself and will be repeated again soon.




Yesterday was a bit of a difficult one. I'd sorted breakfast and lunch (toast and another Salad beast with Mozzarella and Sundried Tomatoes) but I was out last night in London to meet some friends. We had a few drinks and then headed to The Real Greek in Marylebone for dinner. Delicious food, but we did order a lot. We had a lot of grilled meat and salads, but still.

Exercise yesterday came in the form of running from one end of Paddington Station to the other to catch the fast train. I made it with 30 seconds to spare and was almost in cardiac arrest when I got on the train. Imagine my horror when I plonked myself down, sweaty and wheezing, opposite a woman I used to work with but don't really know that well. That awkward 'having to make small talk' situation that occurred for the next 20 minutes until she got off the train was made even more difficult by my inability to speak due to being so disastrously unfit. I can't even run for 4 minutes without almost passing out - that's fairly bad, huh?

I managed 5 1/2 hours sleep last night due to getting in late and waking up with the birds this morning. I've had to rely on caffeine to get me thus far. I'm even eyeing up a bottle of fat coke left over by a buffet lunch today.

I'm meeting a couple of friends tonight, but really could do without it, so I am going to have to try and make my excuses and leave early. I don't feel like I can cancel at this late stage without good reason. We're off to an East Asian Restaurant for dinner, but not meeting until 8pm. I'm just trying to work out how I can fit in a little snooze in between getting my hair cut and meeting up. I may have a power nap in the carpark.

3 comments:

  1. Your food looks scrummy! WW kind of programmes us to pile the veg high, doesn't it? But I actually think smaller plates are brilliant to help regulate portion sizes, I certainly find that I am NEVER as hungry as I think I am.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part about making small talk with the colleague on the train made me laugh, I know exactly what you mean! When I was coming back from London last week I made my excuses to a colleague I don't know very well about why I couldn't get the train back with her, TWICE. (Claiming I had work to finish off first, then bumped into her on the way out and claimed I had some shopping to do). She STILL managed to find me on the train and we had to make small talk for TWO HOURS. I just wanted to read my Kindle. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That restaurant looks lovely - although as the script slowly unfurled on my screen, I wondered why anyone would call a restaurant tampon....

    Eat loads of fruit and veg! Fill up on it with no guilt! Better that that cream cakes. In one way only of course....!

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!