The weekend (which seems like a very distant memory) was lovely. We walked miles, visited Borough Market (it's a good job I don't live closer to that place, the food is amazing) and had possibly the best meal of my life at Marcus Wareing. Every course was totally amazing, Especially the Quail and the Lamb. I'd go back every night if money was no object! Thanks for the tip Seren, we told the waiter we'd just got engaged so were invited into the kitchen to meet the man himself. I was all a bit star struck.

Afternoon tea at the Ritz on Sunday was also particularly lovely, but I'm still very much off cake. I don't have a sweet tooth at all but i couldn't resist.
The middle tier was later filled with freshly baked scones. Swoon.

Since all that loveliness, I've been bogged down with the drudgery of covering 3 people's work. This sucks! I had to cancel PT on Monday as I didn't finish work til 8pm - when you start at 730am, that's not a happy place.
I then had to cancel again on Tuesday due to the onset of man flu which couldn't have come at a worse time. Bah humbug.
So, I've skipped breakfast every day this week as I've literally not had time and by the time I've remembered it's been lunch time, this is ridiculous, i never forget to eat. Lunch has pretty much been a sandwich every day and dinners have been some form of meat with various vegetables. Nothing too hideous really but my eye is slightly off the ball.
I'm not going to make WI again as I'm still working, but to be honest, so long as I can maintain my current weight until after the festive period, I will be happy.
I've scheduled PT for Saturday and then we've a Christmas do with friends. Muchly looking forward to that.
So, hopefully next week won't be so stressy, but with 2 of my team out til Jan 12th, I'm not too hopeful! Merry Christmas to me :)
At least all this work is keeping me mostly out of trouble. Every cloud I suppose!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Hang on in there Linz! I am feeling your pain r.e databases. Fun!!
ReplyDeleteHey radio silence is cool as long as you come back!
ReplyDeletedp
Hi there -- one of your followers has posted a very naughty picture.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up Amy - that delightful follower is now blocked!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I saw the tiny picture and thought OMG, that looks just like a ****. I clicked on it and was a****!!! Luv your blog.
ReplyDelete