... except if you are doing my job at the moment. I am run ragged. Literally dead on my feet and it is doing my head in. Thankfully I've only 5 more days in the office and then 3 days working from home before I can have a bit of time out. I am literally counting down the days.
I've been suffering some form of man flu/ sore throat/ general feeling of rubbishness for the last week as well which really hasn't helped. My eating has been ok, I'm not making a right pig of myself, but I most definitely could do better. Being so busy at work and getting home a lot later than usual means I am so much less prepared than I normally am. Dinners have been a bit more of the convenience variety of late and there has been too much bread creeping in. Not good enough.
I did PT on Saturday and we focussed on strength instead of Cardio as it sounded like I was about to cough up a lung after 10 minutes on the cross trainer. I have never done so many squats or arm exercises in my life. I could barely move on Sunday and was literally walking like I'd had an accident in my pants, couple that with a massive hangover from far too many bubbles on Saturday night, well you can imagine I was a total joy to behold. Still, Saturday night was much fun with good friends so I won't complain.
I've not been near the scales for at least a week so I need to get an idea of the current situation with regards to maintaining. I meant to get weighed last night but we had a work's Xmas lunch yesterday which involved 3 courses, however it took them so long to serve us, I ended up having to stay at work til gone 8pm to catch up so dinner didn't happen. It's all swings and roundabouts at the moment.
Matt is away all week so I'm literally working and sleeping until the weekend. PT is scheduled before work on Thursday morning - it's the only way I can be sure I will make it. Work Xmas party on a boat down the River Thames on Friday, I bloody hope we don't have a recurrence of last night's weather or we're likely to be swimming. Saturday will be spent with Matt and probably involve me moaning about being hungover and then I've an Xmas lunch with my girlfriends in Richmond on Sunday but that will be very civilised since all of them are either bringing their offspring, carrying an offspring or trying to get themselves impregnated with some form of offspring. Will be nice to catch up however and should stop me drinking so as to not look like the lush of the group.
Right, I had better get back to work. I've had 27 emails since I started writing this...
Someone tell me it's nearly Christmas...
Its nearly Chrustmas! hang on in there Linz :-)
ReplyDeleteOr Christmas (am losing my ability to type...)
ReplyDelete