I've been avoiding the subject of my 'diet' for an age. After much soul searching and inner conflict, I've come to realise that I'm actually ok as I am - ok scratch that, I'm actually pretty cool as I am.
Having spent more than half my life attempting to lose weight, I've pretty much forgotten why I wanted it in the first place. Maybe because I felt like the thing I should be doing, maybe because I've been told all of my life that fat can't be healthy, maybe I just did it because it became the norm.
I've abandoned Weight Watchers, I got completely sick of points and scrutinising every morsel that passed my lips (not that I was overly good at that). I know it works for a lot of people, but it doesn't really work for me.
I don't sit here and stuff my face with all sorts of crap anyway, I'm generally quite healthy. I love good food, rarely eat take-aways or fast food. I enjoy cooking, I eat fruit and veg and drink gallons of water. I exercise. I also like to drink, I like the odd cider on a school night or a glass of wine with my dinner and I don't want to have to forgo this so I can have an extra couple of potatoes or a bag of crisps.
Admittedly, I'm slightly heavier than I am most comfortable with, but I am going to stop stressing over those bloody scales.All it's getting me is a lot of self grief and that's not healthy.
So basically, I'm going to keep doing what I am doing. Keep eating well, keep up the PT sessions and the gym and keep liking myself. Who knows, once I stop thinking about it all the time, I might even get back down to my happy weight. And if not, well it's not really the end of the world.
***EDIT***
I was reminded by Leslie's comment that I still need to keep an eye on things (thanks Leslie). I've been maintaining my weight, unintentionally, for a good few weeks now, but I still need to keep on top of that. The last thing I want is to end up heavier... So I'll still get weighed every week or so, just to make sure I don't end up out of control.
Lovely post. Good for you for recognising that you're happy and healthy (and gorgeous - I adore your style blog and want to steal all your clothes!) With such peace of mind, I'm sure your happy weight will follow (although as you say, if it doesn't it's no big deal).
ReplyDeleteSx
I'm really pleased you've written this Linz, you're happy and that's all that matters! Live life and enjoy it xxx
ReplyDeleteBravo!! I agree that getting off the diet train is a good idea but would offer one small cautionary opinion.
ReplyDeleteDon't think if it as "giving up" and don't stop weighing yourself (maybe not every day but regularly). Otherwise, your inner chimp will seize the day and convince you that all is well, even if it may not be. So, just keep an eye on yourself to make sure that you are getting off the merry-go-round not giving yourself licence to go crazy!!
Just keep a little accountability in your life is all. Here endeth the lesson!!
Enjoy!
Lesley x
Love the attitude. You are bang on - you eat well, you exercise so what if you don't fit into what society says is skinny! You are also gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHave an amazing wedding when it comes. z
You're fabulous - good for you.
ReplyDeletePx
YAY for this post. You rock.
ReplyDelete