Monday, 22 October 2012

Woe is me (Part II)

Ok, enough already. I have another blooming cold and I am, quite frankly, sick of it now. Since I came back from Italy in the middle of September, I have been nothing but ill. It's becoming very boring.

I started back at the gym, all guns blazing, last week. I did a PT session on Thursday, which despite being really hard, felt good. I made a renewed vow on Saturday morning to track everything I ate, no more letting things slip by - which given I was just heading off to a Spa for the night with a couple of girlfriends, seemed fairy bad timing. I photographed everything I ate on Saturday and Sunday to try and remain in control. See the proof below:

Salmon, pear and fig salad
Spinach Gnocchi with parmesan
Rosemary and Garlic Chicken breast with fries (I ate about 2), beans and salsa
Fruit Salad with ice cream (I hate ice cream so that was left)

Help yourself breakfast buffet - restrained for me 
(1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 hash brown, streaky bacon and mushrooms)
Stuffed Lamb breast with Sweet potato mash, home made Yorkshire and cabbage


I swam at the spa - only 20 lengths, but it was something, then I came back yesterday for another PT session. I was feeling pretty good, a little bit smug that I seemed to be back in some sort of control and expecting a decent loss on the scales. I'd tracked all weekend, I was under my calorie goal. I was invincible.

Clearly, pride very much comes before a fall, because last night, my throat started feeling a bit scratchy, I ignored it because I couldn't possibly have another cold in the space of 4 weeks, right? Today the scratchy throat is a full on cough and runny nose and I am now wallowing in a massive vat of self pity.

I'm aware I've not really been looking after myself for the last few weeks. Work has been very stressful which has meant I've had a few sleepless nights and my diet, up until the end of last week, has been somewhat suspect. My immune system is clearly proving a point.

I'm off to dose up on Vitamin C and feel sorry for myself a little bit more. Here's hoping this is a temporary blip and normal service will resume tomorrow. If anyone wants to take these germs off my hands, they are all yours?

2 comments:

  1. Where are you my lovely? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy!

    chloe

    www.bloominfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!