Tuesday, 13 November 2012

It's been a while

After my last pity party post, I pretty much lost my blogging mojo. Following on from the second cold of the month, I succumbed to Norivirus last week which just about finished me off. Mentally, I don't cope with being ill overly well. I am a doer, I hate sitting around feeling sorry for myself, but after non stop illness since September, I was ready to admit defeat.

I'm starting to worry that I am allergic to being married. However, we've now had a week, germ free (touch wood) and I am hopeful that I can pull myself together and get back on with the task of taking care of myself.

I managed to lose 9 pounds after 2 days of projectile vomiting, clearly that was not sustainable, but I still find myself about 3 pounds lighter. so every gloomy cloud does have a bit of a silver lining.

Work has also been crazily mental. My boss did his yearly disappearing trick (this time only 3 weeks instead of his usual 6) and left me to man the fort. Now bear in mind he usually comes into the office around 1130 am as he works late with our US colleagues and I usually come in for 0730 am. He decided he had no one else to cover the early (we are a team of 7!!), so that meant me working at least 14 hour days for the 3 weeks he was off. Still, it was all worthwhile when he came back and thanked the whole team for their efforts, especially given none of the rest of the team had to work any different to their usual hours. Thankfully his boss appreciated my efforts, but still...

I also worked 3 weekends in a row, which seems to have gone unnoticed, but my boss did send a nice email to the whole team thanking one of my colleagues for putting in 20 minutes of work on Sunday. Seething does not come close. It's probably time to start looking elsewhere before I'm up on an assault charge.

But enough of the doom and gloom, life is all very lovely really. Being married to the funniest man I know is brilliant. We've spent our illness periods planning next years holidays to give us something to look forward to. We've planned our trip up North for Christmas and a weekend in London before that. Now if I can just stay healthy for the next few weeks, I can crack on with the gym and healthy eating and possibly shed a few more pounds before Xmas otherwise I'll need a whole new wardrobe to accommodate my ever expanding backside.

So, here's the plan.

  • stop feeling sorry for myself - life is good
  • get back to the gym at least 3 times a week
  • stop turning to alcohol after a bad day
  • eat less crap 
Simples.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. The way your boss treated you is disgraceful! You should have been acknowledged for all the extra hard work at the very least. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr....bosses....Grrr You have my sympathies.

    With regard to dieting....cold showers?? It's working for me....

    Good luck with the pre-Christmas push hon.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!