Monday, 7 January 2013

True flu baby I love you....

So that little cold I blogged about last Wednesday, it decided to become full blow flu. Happy days. It completely floored me so I ended up spending from Wednesday lunch time - Saturday in bed. I can't tell you the last time I felt quite so pathetic.

It meant we had to reschedule my Christmas present to Matt. I'd booked for us to go for lunch at The Square on Saturday which we were really looking forward to, but given I could barely leave bed and anything I ate had no taste, it seemed a pointless exercise. Boooooo.

Anyway, being bloody ill again has definitely given me (more) food for thought though. My immune system is obviously completely screwed, so I've been very kind to myself these past 5 days. Lots of vitamin rich foods (I'm like a green grocers inside at the moment), lots of water and plenty of rest. I had PT penciled in for tonight, but I've cancelled it until Saturday so as not to put any stress on my already stressed body.

Thankfully I'm feeling a lot healthier today, but given that seems to last about a week at most at the moment, I don't want to count any chickens.

I weighed myself last week also, and it was slightly less than anticipated. Still far more than I am happy with, but not such a shock to the system really. I'm hoping that reintroducing my healthy living regime will see me drop back to my happy weight (which is about 3 stone less than currently, but still fat) without too much trauma. That could be wishful thinking of course.

So, watch this space. Here's hoping I remain healthy until at least the end of January....

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, hope you're feeling better soon. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to look after your body, so I hope your body is as kind back! It's a shame you didn't get to enjoy your meal out, it sounds like a pretty good restaurant too! One more thing to look forward to when you get better I guess...

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing, you've really been unlucky with a long succession of illnesses, haven't you? Hoping for a healthier 2013 for you!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had it tough! I like your idea of lots of fruit and veg and not pushing yourself too hard. Slow and steady, lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping - fingers crossed for a return to a healthier you!!

    It can linger on for ages....Rich was under the weather for 8-12 weeks at the end of last year. Not sick all the time as such but it was only when he'd emerged at the other side that he realised how poorly he'd been. He had no energy, was tired, had an interemittent cough and cold symptons and occasional flare ups of being proper sick.

    I hope you get there soon.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!