Wednesday, 8 May 2013

A winning weight loss formula.

 A week after my return to work and Thailand is all but a distant memory. Boo hiss to real life!

I've not really stopped since we returned, I've been taking it a bit easier at work (by that I mean working 10/11 hour days instead of 15) but I was struck down with some sort of dysentery lasting about 5 days last week, which scuppered my return to the gym. You can't really work out when you are having to run to the loo every 5 mins. On  the plus side, I dropped 6 pounds last week. Every cloud and all that.

Friday saw me fly up to Glasgow for a hen weekend which I'd organised for one of my close friends who I met while working in Prague. She is marrying Matt's best mate, just call me Cilla.

Cheesy hen do shot

We fly out to Greece in 5 weeks time for their wedding so I really need to try and sort myself out before then. They are getting married in Santorini which is very, erm, steep. I don't want to be a complete sweaty mess just getting to our hotel every day so the gym needs to make a sudden appearance. 

Glasgow was good fun, not overly diet friendly, but hey ho. I did dance for about 6 hours on Saturday night plus we did a Glee Dance class on Saturday afternoon (my friend loves performing!) so that's enough exercise for one weekend. Couple that with a dodgy stomach and you're onto a winner, I might try and market this new diet plan. 

I had planned to join my local Slimming World class on Monday, but the Bank holiday put paid to that so that's on the agenda for Monday coming.

So, the plan of action this week - eat less, try to move more. Simples. 

3 comments:

  1. Eurgh - poor thing, that definitely does not sound like fun. Hope you recover soon!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linz, glad to see you are back! Would be interested to hear your thoughts on why you're returning to Slimming World. I am (as usual) finding it impossible to stick to Weight Watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how annoyed I was when I didn't lose any weight when I had dysentry. But I feel your pain. Kinda literally.

    Santorini sounds like something lovely to look forward to -and I love a wedding. Especially one I've orchestrated!

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!