Monday, 13 May 2013

Best laid plans

Ok, my chest officially sucks. Having spent the last 3 months or so, struggling with breathing (just a minor thing) I've now been given a large dose of steroids in an attempt to knock whatever this crap is on the head once and for all. I've been fannying about with inhalers for months, to no avail, so keep your fingers crossed for me that these tablets now work. And if they don't, well at least I'll be a muscle woman by the weekend... :)

Other than that, eating is going ok. I've felt pretty crappy again the past 5 days so it's put paid to much excess. Exercise is zilch. I really need to get back into the gym, but my doctor has ordered I rest for at least the next 4 days, which I'll find impossible, but the gym will have to go on the back burner for another week. I'm going to work from home for a couple of days, which I suspect is not quite what she meant, but it's step.

Sigh.

In other news, I have the following engagements to try and negotiate whilst attempting to shed some pounds:

Tuesday night - dinner with the girls before an imminent birth (not mine, clearly).
Wednesday night - cinema with the husband
Thursday night - late shift at work (I was meant to be at a spa, but my boss is not in agreement) happiest of days
Saturday - day trip to Paris for lunch (as you do)
Tuesday - Polo! (again as you do)

My life has become ridiculous. I think I really need less social plans!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, we've all be MIA for a while, me too don't know what happened to life. Like you I've got good busy but bad busy stuff too. Unfortunately I don't have a Thai holiday on the horizon (v jealous) so if you have any more revelations about how to put life on a more even keel, please share. Realising that life is mad is the first step but then next one - working out how to stop that - is harder.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!