Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Cutting it

Oh dear, it's been a disastrous few days Chez Linzerello. I've managed to incapacitate myself somewhat with a small cut to the finger on Saturday morning which was perfectly placed to slice a couple of tendons, resulting in a permanently pointy finger.

Amazing. I'm still awaiting surgery to fix it (they've cancelled on me 3 times already) so fingers crossed (no pun intended) they see me today. It's a bloody nightmare as I won't be able to drive for 2 months once they fix me and we're supposed to be flying out to Greece next Thursday for our friends wedding. What an utter dickhead I am...

On the plus side, I've had to be nil by mouth every day since Saturday until mid afternoon (whilst I await confirmation of surgery or not) which has resulted in me losing 10 pounds since last Tuesday. There's a lot to be said for fasting it would seem!

So, exercise is scuppered (other than a couple of long walks) and eating is also somewhat impacted.

I'm off to hospital again today, so I really hope they sort it today. Although once they fix me, I can't drive for 2 months and my hand will be completely useless for a while. It almost doesn't seem worth it.







1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear what you've done to your hand. It must be absolute agony. It's disgraceful that the NHS think it's okay to keep cancelling on somebody- and definitely no fun if you have to fast. I hope you get seen to really soon. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!