Monday, 5 August 2013

I'm still here

Oh dear, it's been ages. Life has well and truly gotten in the way of late. I'll try to keep this brief.

My current situation:

  1. I have 2 hands again - yay! My finger is still very iffy, but it works  - kind of. It'll probably never be normal again. Sigh.
  2. I've been promoted at work. Big sigh (more stress)
  3. I'm attempting to sell my flat. Small sigh (relatively stress free so far, but I suspect that's imminent)
My recent activities:

Hen weekend in Brighton

Weekend in Cornwall - St Ives

Wedding fun

Free night in a hotel!

Feeling a little bit left out with my besties :)

London Zoo with my nieces.


The weight loss has been crap, in fact I've not really been trying at all. Exercise has also been non-existent since before the hand incident, so I've a new plan of attack.

Today we started the 5:2 diet, i.e. 2 very low calorie days per week and 5 days of eating normally. It seems fairly straightforward, although finding 2 days a week where I've no plans is proving difficult. 

Given work is currently mental, I am not as fixated on food as I usually am. Today hasn't been too hideous, so I'll do a proper post tomorrow on what I've eaten and we'll see how we get on.

I'm off to try and catch up with all of you, it's been ages since I read a blog.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to see you again. Congratulations on the promotion and fingers crossed that the flat sale continues to go relatively smoothly.

    The prospect of the 5:2 scares me but I know people have been successful on it so good luck!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you've accessorised your playsuit with a single glove, Michael Jackson style. That pop of colour really works!

    Seriously though, I LOVE the lace dress - where's it from? Do they do any other colours (I look dreadful in black)?

    I do the 5:2 (well, I do 4:3) - the starve days are tough! Will be interested to see how you get on with it so do please post.

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!