Anyway, enough of the moaning, the scales saw me 4lbs down this morning which is a minor miracle. Let's hope this continues.
So this is what Monday looked like:
Breakfast - 145 cals - Cottage cheese & Mushroom scramble. 3 tablespoons of 2 chicks egg whites with dry fried mushrooms and a serving of reduced fat onion & chive cottage cheese. Looks awful, tastes good :)
Lunch - 240 cals - Amy's Kitchen Mushroom Risotto. Pretty tasty and not a bad portion size
Dinner - 199 cals - Diet Coke King Prawns with Zero Noodles. Dry fried mushrooms, onions, cabbage and courgette with a sauce made from Diet Coke, Tbsp of worcesershire sauce, 1/2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup simmered until thick and sticky, chuck in some prawns and some zero noodles and job's a good 'un.
So far, so good. I just need to get the balance right on my non-starve days as I'm eating a bit too much.
Next day to torture myself is tomorrow.... better get planning some low cal treats.
Well it certainly sounds like it's working for you - well done you! You are very creative with your calorie allowance too.
ReplyDeleteI cried off one of my starve days this week as I felt ill - and I was only doing 2 rather than my usual 3 this week. Not good.
Px
3 days a week would be a step too far for me! I think this week was a fluke, I can't imagine I'll continue in the same vein.. x
DeleteI thought the point of the 5:2 was that you were only suppose to eat once or twice a day, as while you have food in your stomach you aren't actually fasting? Regardless, your food looks yummy, I love a veggie scramble! Good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI've read so much about the 5:2 diet that I've confused the heck out of myself :) I saw a few posts from people who eat 3 meals a day, but I've no idea if that's correct or not! Anyway, I'll try it like this for a few more weeks and see how it goes. I think once a day would be a struggle for me :)
Delete