Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Goin' down the only road I've ever known.....

Right, so silence usually means things aren't going well on the 'let's be healthier and possibly lose some weight' front? Well that'd be correct.

I've not weighed myself in months, so I suspect things could be bad, but I'm struggling to motivate myself to do much about it at the moment.

In my defence (cue a list of excuses) I've been promoted, so work is quite crazy (but at least I am paid for the craziness now), we've been spending a lot of time gallivanting and socialising around the country, so I'm either eating out or drinking out and when I'm actually at home or able to leave work at a reasonable time, well the gym is the last place I fancy.

But... last week when Selfridges had some fancy 20% off promotion, we did invest in a Vitamix. I am hailing this as the answer to all of my healthy eating prayers. So far, so good. I've been devouring green sludge every morning (which actually fills me up way past lunch) and really quite enjoying it. This little beauty contains Kale, Spinach, Grapes, Apple, Clementine Banana, Lemon Juice, Wheat grass powder & Flaxseed. Surprisingly good and all of my 5 a day in one fell swoop.


So, I've made a promise to myself, continue with the green sludge for now and then in the new year, start afresh with a more concerted effort. I might have to rejoin Weight Watchers or some other class, as I'm clearly useless at going it alone, I don't overly care about what I weigh any more, I just need to be healthy and fit. Exercise also needs to make a reappearance as I'm in danger of needing a zimmer frame before long.

In the words of Whitesnake, 'Here I go again".........



2 comments:

  1. And now I've got that song in my head... :-)

    When the time is right, you'll be able to do it. But it does take focus and it sounds like you have loads of demands on your time and attention at the moment. Be kind to yourself in the meantime - even if that does take the form of green sludge!!! - and go for a fresh attack in January.

    Oh and huuuuge congrats on the promotion!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.

    The green sludge looks and sounds revolting so surely ought to be very good for you indeed.

    Congratulations on that promotion!

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!