My New Year's resolution is not "I must lose weight" (I mean I want to lose weight but that's not my resolution), I fail miserably at that time and time again, so I'm just going to resolve to being healthier. I can't do anything too drastic as that's far too miserable and God knows, January is depressing enough. I came back to work 62,000 emails (I kid you not) and a 3 hour commute today due to flooding. Things can only get better, right?
The juices/ smoothies are still in full flow, I'm enjoying the green sludge on a daily basis and I'm now coupling that with homemade soup or a salad for lunch and a 'proper' dinner. I'm also attempting a sort of dry January, in that we're cutting out all mid week boozing and attempting at least a couple of weeks off. Once I've settled into a routine with the eating then I'll attempt some exercise too. Happy Days!
On a brighter note, we had a lovely Christmas and New Year. We spent a week at my parents in Durham and then went on a mini tour of Scotland staying in Dundee, Inverness, Oban and then back via the Lake District. All very lovely. Too much alcohol was consumed and too much food! New Years Eve saw us in a Roux restaurant in Inverness, we had the most amazing Fish and Chips in Oban and finished it off with an amazing 6 course lunch at l'enclume in Cartmel in the Lakes to name but a few.
New Years Eve
Loch Ness
View from our B&B in Keswick
L'enclume lunch
So here we go, hopefully you'll see a bit more of me over the coming months which will prove I'm making the right kind of progress....
Yay, Linz, I hope we do see more of you! I love your posts - even when they do involve green sludge!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year and lets hope 2014 is a good (and healthy) one all round.
Sx