Life has been pretty crazy of late, we had a month of madness in February which saw us eat at The Fat Duck, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay and Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester. 9 Michelin stars in a week... utterly ridiculous but the best culinary week of my life. It was Matt's birthday and I'd managed to get reservations at his top 3 UK picks with the idea of us cancelling 2 once he decided which one he preferred... that didn't happen. Probably the most expensive month of my life, so thankfully the Jamaica holiday was paid for last year and didn't involve us spending any more money for 2 weeks.... All of the restaurants were utterly amazing though, the food at Gordon Ramsay was a particular high, but you really can't beat the Fat Duck for the wow factor.
Since I last managed to blog I've also managed to cram in the following as well as the above:
A weekend in Liverpool to see friends
A girlie weekend in Glasgow
A Christening back in my home town
Hospitality at West Brom v Liverpool (my Anniversary present to Matt).
You can see why my eating and exercise has not been the best....
Jamaica was a total delight, I wasn't really sure what to expect but it was a gorgeous place, white sandy beaches, turquoise seas and the most friendly people you can imagine. Back to work yesterday to an inbox of 147,000 emails (yup, one hundred and forty seven thousand) which took me all day to delete. Talk about bumping back down to earth.
So, I have 4 weeks until we jet off to the US for 10 days (I know, bad planning) to visit Chicago and San Francisco (my best friend has just emigrated to SF for 2 years, makes me all teary thinking about it).The plan is to continue with the smoothies for breakfast (carrot, apple, grape, spinach & lemon today), light lunches and a normal (but reduced size) dinner and less booze. I'm also going to try and do a bit more walking (I did 9 holes of the golf course with Matt on Sunday, purely as a spectator) until we join a new gym when we return from the States.
Then it's full steam ahead, back on the 5:2 diet, back at the gym and hopefully I can get back to my happy (but still fat) weight :)
Football (I am Mrs Jones these days)
The Fat Duck
The Fat Duck
The Great Northern Hotel (in between Gordon Ramsay and Alain Ducasse)
Jamaica - Montego Bay
Jamaica - Montego Bay
Jamaica - Montego Bay
Jamaica - Ocho Rios
Golf with the husband
Golf with the husband
So there we go, a quick 2 month catch up and yet another promise to myself to be better. Fingers crossed you see more posts from me which means good things are happening....
Hello and welcome back! Jamaica & the jumpsuit look ace, and my gallbladder space is already aching at the thought of the epic food week. As much as I would like too I can't do that any more. Hasn't stopped me packing on the chub though!!!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhh SO jealous. Especially about nine stars in a single week! But, yes, ouch, I can see why a spending ban might be necessary :)
ReplyDeleteLovely to "see" you.
Sx
Lovely to have you back!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've had an amazing time (147,000 emails aside).
I loved SF. I would have some recommendations but if you already have a friend there, you probably don't need them.
Px
Wow! Just wow! You have been busy and you sound so buoyant and happy. Good for you. Enjoy America (I love SF too) then knuckle down madam and enjoy a simple, cheap, low-cal, high energy summer. L xx
ReplyDelete