Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Food and big cats

8 days since my last post and I'm already back again, this is progress and clearly means I have something boastful to report. Oh yes, I've shed 6 pounds. Happy dance. I've not really done anything remarkable, other than continue with the smoothies daily and I've taken my own lunch to work. Just goes to show how much crap I was eating during the latter part of last year.

We had another busy weekend. Saturday saw us head into London to see the matinee of Cirque du Soleil  at the Royal Albert Hall. Awesome show, you can't beat Cirque du Soleil for jaw dropping acrobatics.

For us though, no day out is complete without a meal out or two. I'm obsessed with food (you probably can't tell by the size of me) so spend hours researching restaurants every time we go anywhere.

We started with brunch at the Modern Pantry in Clerkenwell. I opted for the Feta, Sweetcorn, Chilli and Curry leaf waffles with streaky bacon. Sounds random, tastes awesome.



After the show we'd booked ourselves a table at Hakkasan, Michelin starred Chinese is not something you can turn down, now is it? This place is cool - and I mean too cool for a couple of OAP's like us. The music is very loud (do I sound like my Dad??) and you're sat in very close proximity to your fellow diners, but the food is pretty awesome. We ordered far too much thinking Michelin starred means tiny portions, we were wrong and were badly defeated. Roasted mango duck in lemon sauce is probably  the best thing I've ever eaten in a Chinese restaurant in my life and look at these for Prawn toast:


I'm hungry at the thought of it. If you're a lover of Chinese, do it, you won't regret it (well the bill is perhaps regrettable, but you know).

Sunday was slightly different, we headed up to Paradise Wildlife Park for a champagne breakfast with snow leopards - random much? It was my Christmas present to Matt since he's obsessed with big cats and it was awesome. We ate breakfast with snow leopards roaming around (behind glass of course) and then we got to feed a few of the big cats. Pretty special if you like animals. 


This weekend see's just a lunch with friends on Saturday and that's it! It's our first full weekend at home for about 6 months so I intend to embrace the sofa. Happy days.

2 comments:

  1. Six pounds, that's brilliant! Well done! And those prawn toasts look amazing - definitely one to add to the list.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got to feed some big cats! So jealous! I hope you left with your fingers still intact! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!