Tuesday, 26 August 2014

8 weeks in

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post, it's good to be blogging again regularly.

Last night was weigh in number 8. I was convinced it was going to be bad. I had a very 'meh' week last week. It was the Reading Festival, which means I end up locking myself in the flat and don't even attempt to drive anywhere (total gridlock). By Thursday night (after only 48 hours of my self imposed house arrest) I was stir crazy so we went out for dinner, Friday I was out with the girls and Saturday we went to the football. SW was on my mind but not exactly my main focus.

 Some food and some posing.
Lovely Saturday, miserable Monday.

Anyway, I digress. I somehow lost another 3.5lbs this week. That takes me to 27.5lbs in total (damn that 0.5lbs) and once again I was Slimmer of the Month. I am actually really surprised by how well this is going. The last time I managed to lose weight was with WW and I got to 52lbs but that took me almost a year. I know this level of weight loss is going to be impossible to sustain, but hell knows I will take it for now.

So, this is where it all has the potential to go wrong... we're flying off to Italy on Friday morning for 10 days. I am formulating a plan of action, but I am really determined to try and enjoy my holiday, but not come back with a massive gain. I guess I just have to employ the rules of SW as best I can and see how we go. If I can maintain, that would be awesome... I'll take a small gain, but anything of large proportions will be met with some annoyance. I think I will attempt to stick to the plan every other day. Does that sound risky??

I'll be celebrating my 2nd wedding anniversary back in Sorrento where we got married, so I'll try not to stress too much over my eating, but I need to not completely lose focus!

3 comments:

  1. Look at you - that's AMAZING, well done! Have a fantastic holiday - pasta is a free food on SW isn't it? So Italy be easy ;-)

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh how lovely! Hope you're having a lovely time.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Well done you. Ooooh....should I give SW another go, properly??? Dilemma.

    Have a fabbie time in Italy!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!