Monday is now officially the worst day ever. I mean Monday's are pretty hideous as it is, it's the start of the working week and no one likes that, I have a limited team at work due to shifts and twice as much work and now I am nil by mouth from lunch time onwards so as not to impact my weight loss. Throw a SW class in the mix where we all sit around and clap like loons at a 2lb gain and empathise over water retention, well it's a living hell.
However, as much as attending the classes is not my idea of fun, it's definitely keeping me on the straight and narrow (although I did catch myself weighing 2 pairs of trousers last week to see which weighed the least, these ones weigh less than these in case you're interested). I feel like it's a penance for my years of gluttony. Monday is a good night for a weigh in, it keeps me focussed on a weekend and it's the one night I rarely have any plans so I have no excuses not to attend.
I'm quite enjoying this plan because it doesn't massively feel like a struggle. Yes, you have to get creative and be prepared, but it's all good. I can still eat out and have the odd drink (or half a bottle of gin like I did on Wednesday - navy strength at that) and lose weight.
Last week saw me get totally trollied on Friday lunchtime (bad times, I was meant to be working) and then we were away on Saturday and enjoyed a 7 course meal with matching wines. To still be able to live my life in the manner I enjoy and lose weight, well I cannot complain.
Despite weighing the equivalent of twins, I am not too fussed about losing half my body weight. I don't care about being fat, but I care about being out of control, uncomfortable & in pain. I want to lose around 4 stone by the time we go to Australia in Feb. I'm hopeful, but I won't beat myself up if it doesn't happen. This has to be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. I'm always going to want to eat out and drink booze and to socialise, it's what makes me happy. I won't give that up and it appears that SW is the answer for that very reason.
We're off to Birmingham tonight for the weekend which will be a challenge, but I'll do my best and we'll see what Monday holds. I might end up getting weighed in a bikini if my trousers feel a bit heavy....
Good work Linz good that you are able to organise things to fit your life. What kind of things are you eating for lunch? Always a difficulty I think. Keep on going!
ReplyDeleteThanks lovely. I've been getting a bit creative with my lunches. Will do a post on what I've been eating this week xx
DeleteI've always thought you were a pretty cool lady but when I read posts like this, well... I think I love you..
ReplyDeleteYou just have you head totally screwed on and speak sense.
Big love. x
Awww thanks :) Big love back at you xx
Delete