One of the starters at Story - bread and dripping
Heston's Meat Fruit - amazing!
Bone in Rib with Mushroom Ketchup and triple cooked chips @ Dinner
Tipsy Cake (nearest) & brown bread ice cream @Dinner
My social life is not really conducive to weight loss, so that fact that I've now lost 29lbs in 14 weeks is not to be sniffed at. I have to keep telling myself this as I am having a lot of sulks at the slowness of it all, but that's utterly ridiculous. It took me 38 years to get this fat, I can't expect to lose it all over night.
I did, however, have a minor moment of realisation when I tried on a pair of leather trousers (yeah I am back in the 90's) that I bought back in April that were nowhere near to fitting me. I was able to wear them comfortably last week, so at least that's something. Other than that, I'm really struggling to notice any massive difference in myself, but it must be coming off somewhere.
The aforementioned leather trousers
This week has been ok food wise,shocking booze wise. Work has been all manner of stressful so I've had a few glasses of vino of an evening which is not the best use of syns, but hey ho. The scales are looking ok today, but I have the weekend to ruin that!
Tonight we're seeing friends for dinner but I'm driving so that helps and then on Sunday we're off to the Merchants tavern as part of the London Restaurant Festival. Sunday is not an ideal day to be dining out since it's the day before weigh in, but so be it. I can't sit around all day Sunday eating celery so the scales thank me on a Monday, plus I hate celery so that'd be pretty miserable.
London looking lovely from Butlers Wharf
Breakfast at Tea Pod
Looking at all that food, it's a bloody miracle I lost anything at all....
Oh yum! The bread and dripping and the meat fruit are both soooo good! I think in the circumstances any loss is a good thing - 29lbs is amazing overall. We've just got to keep plugging away.
ReplyDeleteSx
Linz - you're doing brilliantly, just keep going. I think we're always the first, but also the last to see any difference with weight loss. We see tiny little changes but takes ages to see the overall effect. Fitting into new clothes is always a fab feeling though. As an aside - I love how many photos you take and what a great social life you seem to have - looks like you have loads of fun! X
ReplyDelete29 lbs in 14 weeks is brilliant! Well done :-) I know the feeling of just wanting to be there already but this is for life... this time next year you'll be feeling wonderful, and just think: if 3 months ago you hadn't made the conscious decision to start, you'd be 29 lbs heavier right now! I've lost 18lbs in 10 weeks (back on WW) and although it's not going fast, it's going. And with your social life I think it's an absolutely amazi result
ReplyDelete