Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Slow and steady

The past few weeks have been challenging from a social point of view, I need to stop making myself so busy! Every time I plan a quiet weekend at home, we end up making other plans and before I know it, my syns are out the window.

The past 2 weekends have seen big Sunday's - Food with Friends as part of the London restaurant festival and then Champagne Sunday Brunch at the Landmark hotel the following week. Couple that with a few girls nights out (wine tasting no less) and the odd pub trip, well losing weight seems like a flipping impossibility,

Anyway, despite this, I've dropped a pound each week the past 2 weeks, so that's 31 down now in 16 weeks. It's not ground breaking by any means, but I'll take it.

I'm starting to notice differences now, I'm wearing a size smaller in my favourite jeans, clothes all feel a bit looser, people are starting to ask me if I've lost weight (which I do find odd, I mean you'd not comment if you thought someone had put on, would you?).


Smaller jeans!



I'm now 4lbs away from my 10% goal with 2 weigh ins before I can't make class for 2 weeks. I've set myself a mini challenge to get there before we head to Dubai on the 12th November  as I suspect Dubai may be similar to Italy and see me come back with some form of monumental gain. Achievable if really focus.

And just because I can't write a post without numerous photos, here you go....





Angela Harnett, cooking my lunch.




 Sunday Brunch


When I haven't been out gallivanting, I have managed some pretty tasty Slimming World friendly food, now if only I could stop going out. 


Duck Noodles

Pulled Pork Pancakes (Amazeballs)

 
Chicken 'Biryani'

And I've even made the odd good choice whilst dining out.... 




So, 2lbs a week for the next 2 weeks? Let's be having you.

6 comments:

  1. That's amazing - well done you!

    And pulled pork pancakes sound AMAZING - is there a recipe link you could share?? :-)

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely x

      I made the pulled pork from this recipe: http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/slow-cooker-pulled-pork
      and served on a pancake which I made with water instead of milk to save a few calories. The pork is amazingly good for a lower fat recipe.

      Delete
    2. Oooh thanks! Will check it out!

      Delete
  2. amazing! (and you look fab in the photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes looks delicious! And I love the red coat 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you and you're looking gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!