Hello all, hope you've had lovely weekends. Mine was great, although very busy and therefore bloody knackering. I've come to work for a rest today.
Matt was away on a Stag do, so I had the flat to myself. I always like a bit of me time as I can watch something other than Sport on the TV, although I think I managed about 2 hours in the flat all blooming weekend.
Friday night I went out with work, but took the car so my alcohol intake was limited. I did, however, end up with Fish and Chips for dinner which was a slight faux pas - they brought me the wrong order, but I was too blooming hungry to wait for them to correct it as we'd already waited 40 minutes for our food. I'd asked for the Fish of the Day which was Seabass with New Potatoes (slightly healthier, I imagine) so I had the delicious, but unhealthy Cod and Chips that they brought instead and was secretly not unhappy. Clearly not ideal
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to meet my friend in town for a Dermologica Facial. Pancake for breakfast and a few episodes of The Only Way is Essex (shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I am a closet fan). The facial was very pleasant but it left me looking like I'd had some form of chemical peel.... my face was like a belisha beacon for most of the day, I was in danger of scaring small children. We went for lunch afterwards and I opted for Ginger Lamb Chops with Salad- totally delicious, but once again possibly not the healthiest option. Following that we did a spot of shopping and then headed back to my friends house for drinks with her and her hubby. Much Wine, Pitta, Houmous and Cheese was then consumed. I woke up in their spare bed with a raging requirement for water on Sunday morning to the sound of their 1 year old daughter. Epic Fail.
Yesterday was marginally better in terms of quantities of food, but did see me consuming a Bacon and Egg Sarnie followed by a BBQ with friends where I polished off a Lamb Burger plus bun and a Sausage, some Eaton Mess (with low fat creme fraiche at least) and much Prosecco... we were celebrating I suppose. So food yesterday according to myfitnesspal was under calories - however the alcohol massively bumped things up. I am now abstaining for the foreseeable, booze really does eat into your calories and causes bad things to be consumed!
Ruby, in response to your comment on my last post. I am finding myfitnesspal to be very handy instead of paying a fortune for WW. I really like it, especially since I can use it on my iPhone and it's pretty useful for giving me an idea of where I am going wrong (with booze mainly!). I'm going to keep on using it while I try and fathom out if I can lose weight on my own, or if I need to follow some other high priced diet plan instead!
Today should have been good. I had planned and packed my breakfast and lunch. 2 slices of wholemeal toast followed by a Tuna Salad (with loads of amazing veggies). However, best laid plans and all that....
Disaster #1 - get to work and discover bread is mouldy, in fact worse than mouldy, proper furry.... Buy an emergency Egg and Cress Sarnie from Greggs instead.
Disaster #2 - start eating your Salad - consume one forkful whilst reading the news on the Tinterweb, look down and discover some form of hideous 20 legged buggy creature climbing up your fork. Now it's very possible that the hideous buggy creature hadn't come from your salad, but since it's all that fancy Organic stuff from Abel and Cole, it's of course possible and means you cannot face eating any more of aforementioned salad, so you buy an emergency Cheese Pastie from Greggs instead. (Note - Greggs is the closest place to my office, so therefore only used in case of emergencies - or double emergencies in this instance).
Not a resounding success so far!
Tonight I've an appointment with my Osteopath as I am in danger of resembling the Hunch Back of Notre Dame if my shoulders continue to pain me as they are. Following that, I've got to pop to see my new tenant and then I'm at a friends for Dinner and to watch the King's Speech. Phew.
So, once again no gym. However, I am fully intending to be there for the rest of the week. No more excuses. I'll also be boiling my salad tomorrow, just to make sure.
Hands up to a boozy weekend over here too I'm afraid...I wish I was better at combining healthy living with socialising! Never mind, onwards and downwards...
ReplyDeleteSx
Glad it's working well for you, I'm really liking it too. I have the android app and it's really handy being able to update it when I'm out and about. Or to decide whether I should eat something or not!
ReplyDeleteEmergency Cheese Pasty huh? What a strange name for a product!
ReplyDeleteAre you getting into the bridal websites yet? My favourite is definitely Rock My Wedding: http://www.rockmywedding.co.uk/
Px