Tuesday, 31 January 2012

The day I noticed an improvement at PT

It's taken a while - but last night, there was definitely an improvement in my effort at PT - I am by no means a converted gym bunny, but last night, there was a difference. Maybe it's a mental thing, but my Trainer remarked that it was by far my best session to date and I could feel it too.

We started on the cross trainer doing sprint intervals. Normally I struggle to get the speed past 10 on the sprints, but last night I really pushed myself and was around 13. 25 minutes later and after seeing my Heart Rate at 182 (I am fairly sure this reading is dodgy as I am sure I'd be dead now) I was pretty knackered.... but I persevered with the strength exercises. We did lots of reps to the point of failure - i.e. til my arms or legs gave way. I feel pretty sore today, but quite pleased with myself all the same. I just need to try and fit in another few sessions this week.

Now if only I can sort out my eating....

Day 4 of the Photography Challenge - something green

I snapped a load of photos in the gym last night, as that's pretty green... but they were all very mundane. So here is a picture of last night's dinner....



Yup - a lot of gravy on that Broccoli. I am a Northerner after all...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've come out of the other side of the PT thing - I thought it was going to be like labour, no one really tells you how hideous it is, it's just a sad secret shared by all mothers.

    Or something like that!!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!