2012 already - how utterly scary. How did this happen? I am sure last year passed me by in a massive blur.
Christmas was lovely, although I had the misfortune to be struck down with some sort of chest infection/ lurgy which is still lingering after almost 3 weeks. I spent a lot of time doing very little, with the exception of a few long walks, spending time with my nieces and eating and drinking far too much and the occasional bit of work - which had not been part of the agenda.
Looking back, 2011 was a good year for me. I got engaged to my favourite ever boy, I got promoted at work and I made a start on getting back to the gym. On the downside - my weight didn't really move - if anything it moved upwards which was clearly not the plan. I seriously need to address my constant failure to stick at any weight loss regime.
I've not made any specific New Year's resolutions as I generally just set myself up for a fall. I want to continue with my personal training sessions at the gym and be as fit and healthy as I can be in 2012. I hope to lose a couple of stone before my wedding (yes - my wedding - yikes!!) at the end of August, but I am not going to give myself any targets otherwise I'll end up beating myself up when I don't reach that goal.
Yesterday I had a PT session - which after 2 weeks away almost finished me off. I'd managed about 15 miles of walking over Christmas, which was not as good as I'd hoped, but a start anyway. The healthy eating plan has commence today and I am utterly famished!
So - here's hoping for a healthy and happy New Year.
It sounds like you had a really positive year despite the weight frustrations!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel if it helps mine has been either sticking or going the other way but I found out it's been my low thyroid so i'm planning on getting that sorted in 2012. You know you can do it, you've done it before! Heck you're really qualified it should be easier this time (that's what I tell myself when I get weight on again)
Hope 2012 is excellent for you!
dp
x
Hi Linz, and a Happy New Year to you - should be an exciting one in prospect! I've lurked around your blog to keep up with your news, and of course there's facebook too. Good luck for the coming year with the build-up to your wedding, and here's wishing you all the willpower and determination you want to accomplish your weight and fitness goals. xx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Linz!!
ReplyDeleteAnother wedding year too! All the best with the weight loss quest which so many of us share. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines!
Lesley x
Happy New Year hun, I think it's going to be a fab year for you x
ReplyDeleteHappy new year!! Try not to worry too much about what happened in 2011, (i am trying to do the same) new year new everything, I reckon we can do it!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
ReplyDelete