Friday, 1 June 2012

Brainwashing

This is my latest attempt to sort my head out - Slim Pods.

I am open to trying most things (well apart from existing on shakes, I managed 2 meals of that once before I wanted to chew my own arm off) and when I read a couple of good reviews on these, I thought why the hell not. What's £29.99 between friends?

I do think I am a completely mindless eater. I obsess over food, I eat when I am bored, sad, happy and also when I am full. I love food, I love nothing more than trying new restaurants and obsessing over the menu. I think about food a lot and then when I eat, I stop thinking and start wolfing.

Unfortunately, food does not love me. Well perhaps that is not true, I think it maybe loves me a bit much so it wants to cling to my hips and bum for dear life.

So, anything that can maybe sort out my head when it comes to eating has to be worth a shot, right? Basically, I listen to this voice talking to me for around 10 minutes a day and it should stop me obsessing over food. I will still eat what I want, but only what I need. Sounds fairly straightforward. I've listened to it the past 2 mornings, so it's a bit hard to say if it's effective since it takes 21 days to change a habit, but we shall see. I've nowt to lose really - other than my 30 quid.

I've definitely felt a bit more mindful of my food, which I am sure is entirely physiological. Last night, for example, we'd planned marinated chicken quarter with oven chips and veg. However, when it came to dinner, I wasn't overly hungry (this never stops me) so I had a sausage sandwich instead. A lot less points and very satisfying. This morning when I got up, I wasn't particularly hungry either, so I had a yoghurt for breakfast and that was enough - this is never enough.

Now I know I am probably jumping the gun severely, I don't think this is the answer to all of my problems, but it definitely can't do any harm. Watch this space.

In other news, I am almost on holiday. I cannot wait for a week off work. We've lots planned, which could cause diet problems, but I'll just take it one meal at a time. You never know, this slimpod could be the answer....

Right people, enjoy the lovely long weekend! x

1 comment:

  1. Ive been using the pods since march and I do notice a difference, whilst my weight has not moved much my eating habbits are much better!
    Good luck with yours! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!