I had a lovely week off, shame the weather was so utterly crapola. It is starting to depress me now. I got all gung ho when we had that nice week and got out all of my summer clothes, I am now sat shivering at my desk with a heater on. Come on UK, sort it out.
So, the week off was spent doing lots of lovely things. We had a couple of nights in a Spa hotel, a lunch with friends, an afternoon tea, a weekend in Stockholm and my 36th Birthday (I am so old).
Probably easier if I just post (a lot) of photos. Since it was my birthday yesterday (did I mention this already??!) There was a lot of nice food and some alcohol involved.... I imagine I'm about 2 stone heavier... but it was worth it.
Clockwise top L-R
Hastings beach
Hastings Cliff side railway
Rye
Lamb 3 ways
Rye
Battle
Me & the boy
The Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells
Cocktails
Swedish Meatballs
Expensive Swedish Beer
Nasty Swedish Wine
Breakfast
Drinks by the Sea
Sweden
Open Lamb Sandwich
Pressed Pigs head with Mushroom Salad
Tonka Bean Pudding
Lemon Sole
The last place deserves a mention all of it's own - Matbaren in Stockholm. It was utterly amazing. The dishes are all the same size, so you chose one by one and see how you get on. I managed 4, but I wish I could have done more. Everything was utterly delicious - seriously, that Lemon Sole - out of this world...
We walked loads over the past week, went to the gym a few times and I listened to the Slim Pods every day. I'm definitely more mindful of what I am eating - i.e. less of it, but I am not sure there is a massive change in my behaviour. We will see the damage tomorrow, I guess.
I may only just have had lunch but some of those pictures made me feel hungry! Wow...
ReplyDeleteAnd massive belated birthday wishes!!
Sx
Wow that food looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a lovely holiday and a very fabulous birthday xx