Tuesday, 17 July 2012

A table for two...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on my last post. You lot officially ROCK.

I've had a couple of PT sessions since my last post and I am suffering majorly today. My instructor decided we should embrace rowing. It's a bloody massacre - who knew? The good thing about a PT session is that I sleep like the proverbial baby after a session so I always wake up the next day feeling all energised, but also unable to move. Not an ideal combination.

The weekend was lovely, but over too soon. My parents came to stay on Friday for a couple of days so it was lovely to see them. This led to much alcohol on Friday night (but no food, not clever), some walking/ shopping and eating on Saturday and then an afternoon tea on Sunday. Nothing too hideous really and the scales still have me maintaining.

I'm actually finding, since I banished the word 'diet' from my mind, that I am no longer craving the crap. There is something wrong with me, I am sure. I don't have a sweet tooth and rarely want chocolate, cakes or biscuits. Yet, tell me I am on Weight Watchers or something similar, then it's all I can think about. How can I sneak a bar of chocolate into my points and what will I have to give up to accommodate this thing that I absolutely have to eat?

Tell me I can eat what I want, within reason, well I don't seem to want it. Am I alone in this? I am now wondering if a life spent dieting has contributed to my current obese predicament. Obviously this is not the only reason, I'm clearly a little bit greedy and lazy, but the constant denying myself of food only to eat more of it than I wanted, can't have been healthy.

In other, wedding related news, it's 5 weeks til we fly to Sorrento and 6 weeks til we get wed. Where has the time gone? I'm still not in panic mode, but I expect it to hit me some time soon.

We finally submitted our table plans, which caused a little bit of soul searching. After the weekend spent with Matt's mother, we had both decided she was unlikely to be a beacon of joy at the wedding and I was getting myself all worked up at the thought she'd upset/annoy me with her miserable ways.

We originally did the table plans with her on the top table with us, I suspect this is traditional? However, the more we looked at it, the more we both decided it was our day and we really didn't want her moaning throughout and possibly spoiling it. I am not saying she'd deliberately set out to do that, but she can't help herself. She is one of life's moaners. Nothing is ever nice or lovely or fun and the thought of someone pushing their 140 euro meal around their plate and complaining that the beef was too bloody or that they hate pasta, well it was too much.

So, she's been put on the newly organised 'Family Table' which also includes my Auntie, who is of a similar frame of mind. I suspect they will get on like a house on fire complaining at the awfulness of it all and I will be none the wiser.

I suspect the wedding will feel a lot more real next week. My hen do is just over a week away and I cannot wait. There are 23 of us heading to York for the weekend and 2 of my closest friends have organised it all without me really have to be involved at all. They know me pretty well, so I doubt we'll be rock climbing or white water rafting, but I am totally in the dark about any activities.

I think once that is over, I'll really feel like I am getting married (still no dress but I am ignoring that). Eeeek.

1 comment:

  1. Your wedding plans are coming together nicely:) I've heard a lot of people say the same as you when they switch from dieting to healthy eating and years ago there was a book written by Geoffrey Cannon called dieting makes you fat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!