Thursday, 13 September 2012

The wedding

So I'm back to reality with a massive bang. Nearly 3 weeks out of the office means you come back to over 6000 emails and a hell of a lot of work that has been put aside for you during your absence. Happy days!

Anyway, I won't get bogged down with the dullness of daily life and I'll give you a bit more of an update on the wedding. Thanks for all of your lovely comments on my last post. I'll try not to bombard you with too many photos of me in a white frock!

The day was amazing, everything we could have hoped for. The weather was awesome (perhaps a bit too hot for prancing around in a wedding dress, but never mind), the hotel was gorgeous, the food was amazing. I'm going to run out of superlatives soon.

The ceremony took place at the Cloisters which dates back to the 8th Century. It was outdoors, so everyone was hot, but thankfully the ceremony only lasted about 10 minutes. Short and sweet. A truly lovely setting.


 

We then headed back to the hotel (The Bellevue Syrene) for the reception, processco, a delicious 5 course meal, brilliant speeches and amazing views. It was wonderful.




After 5 courses of food we headed to another venue called the Foreigners Club for more drinks, food and some very bad dancing. I'd planned to stay in my wedding dress all day, but it was fairly uncomfy due to the corset and the fact that I was boiling, so I changed into another dress that I just happened to have handy... I look slightly bedraggled here!



Oh and take a look at this for a honeymoon suite. It was built into the rock - so our very own honeymoon cave. Utterly ridiculous!


My dress was everything I'd hoped for. Ballerina length with the most amazing bodice that sucked everything in and up. I had been disappointed that I'd not lost a bit of weight before the wedding, but on the day it didn't matter at all. I felt lovely. I was hot and sweaty, but then everyone was, I was a fat bride, but nobody cared.

Now, it's back to it. I'm heavier than I am happy with and I've not exercised for 4 weeks. I'm back to eating sensibly and really enjoying it, you can have too much of a good thing (I don't need to eat pizza for a very long time). PT returns tonight and I fear it will be really hard, but I need to get fit again. I'm not planning to join a weight loss class at the moment, I just want to concentrate on cutting down and seeing how I get on. Watch this space!


8 comments:

  1. It all looks so amazing! You looked stunning in your wedding dress! I love the outfits you chose for your bridesmaids, the cake looks so pretty, and oh my God that Honeymoon cave is amazing! As for being a 'fat bride'... you were surrounded by your family and friends who love you for who you are. They don't care what size you are, and you looked fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please DO bombard us with dress pictures! You look great - very sexy and I bet your new husband dragged you back to his cave with alacrity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pics are great and I love the honeymoon cave!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linz. Just seen your comment re Fulton's OMG plan. Obviously I can't say if it's going to work as still such early days but what I do know is that you feel better doing something rather than nothing. It takes a while to find the "something" and the motivation to get back going again and this book has given me that in spades. So, if you're feeling ready to start thinking about the next plan, maybe give it a try.

    The cold showers are fine and it isn't NO booze, just limit the liquid carbs (which we would have to do on ANY diet plan). I like it 'cos he doesn't require perfection, just tells you to take steps in the right direction. And avoid pizza!! He HATES pizza!

    Good luck with whatever route you take hon, I'm sure you'll give it your all.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I typed out a comment about your dress and wedding a while ago and see that it obviously didn't post properly (my phone has been a pain recently). You look absolutely lovely and it sounds like a wonderful, heavenly wedding.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress! You look smoking hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up on peoples blogs....and getting back into the blogging world...didn't want to read and run!
    You looked positively gorgeous!!
    Tis my wedding in April, so much to doooo!! LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!