Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Sawatdee

I'm back after an amazing couple of weeks in Thailand. I totally fell in love with the country and I really don't want to be back at work at all. At least the sun is shining for my return, even if it is about 20 degrees colder than I'd gotten used to.

We spent 4 nights in Bangkok at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel which was stunning, followed by 9 nights in Phuket at the Indigo Pearl Resort. I feel totally refreshed, sick of Thai food and beer and ready to get back to some healthy living.


patpong night market

the view from our hotel in Bangkok

from lebua

Nia Yang Beach Phuket

boat trip to Phi Phi

Phi Phi Islands

I had 2 realisations whilst we were away:

1) Work has been killing me. I've not been able to switch off, I've been working at least 12 hour days and for what? I don't earn enough money to kill myself over a job and if my boss is not working these crazy hours, why should I? So it stops now. I do what I can and that's it.

2) I am fatter than I am happy with. I am ok with being fat, but I am not ok with being this fat so I want to lose a couple of stone. I also need to get back to the gym and regain my fitness.

So, the plan of action:

1) Eat healthily again, cut out the random carbs, the excess alcohol, the fatty foods and possibly join a class to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am never going to be thin and I don't want to be, but I do want to be less fat.

2) Get back to the gym, I've 2 PT sessions left then I need to go it alone. If I'm no longer working crazy hours then there is no excuse for me to miss the gym.

Sounds simple, huh?

I need to get back to blogging more regularly to keep me on the straight and narrow, so expect more of my ramblings in the near future :)

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! I've missed your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your holiday looks like it was fantastic, great photos Linz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me tooooo!! (Unfortunately without the trip to Thailand.)

    I'm just starting to get baak to the straight and narrow this week, hope you can join me!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like an amazing holiday. That last photo is gorgeous! It's not worth working yourself down in to the ground for little money and for someone else. I did just that and eventually ended up injuring my spine. So not worth it! Glad you're putting your foot down! 12 day weeks must have been exhausting xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! What gorgeous photos - Thailand looks amazing.

    As for the straight and narrow...I'm off to a new WW meeting tomorrow - so fresh starts all round! Good luck with yours.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for the expectation of more "ramblings"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!