Wednesday, 22 December 2010

I've escaped!

Well, the office at least. I'm still working, but I'm now not back in the office until the 11th January. Happy Days.

Yesterday we decided to try and beat the next round of bad weather and headed up North to my parents. We had a relatively stress free journey, 4.5 hours to do just under 300 miles. The weather down South was not ideal and the roads were pretty icy, but we made it home around 8pm last night.

I immediately feel less stressed being away from work. It's lovely to be at home with my parents, however now we are surrounded by loads of food - my mother is catering for 13 of us on Christmas day so the house is just full of tasty treats which I am trying to ignore. Obviously, I am not going to stress overly, but at the same time, I don't want to completely lose the plot and pile on all of the lard I have managed to lose so far.

We've a couple of things on over the next week  or so and then drive back down South on the 27th, before flying to Tenerife for New Year on the 28th. Fingers crossed the weather doesn't cause too much havoc, the snow is coming down somewhat today up here!

My hospital appointment eventually came through for the 24th December, so that's been rescheduled for the 10th January. It's a relief to finally have that in the diary, will be glad to get it over and done with.

I'm going to try and blog a bit over the next few days to keep me focussed, but if I don't check in much, have a fantastic Christmas everyone and a wonderful New Year!

4 comments:

  1. A very merry Christmas to you too! Have a good one.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a lovely Christmas - up north is always best! Do remember to enjoy yourself tho :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing Xmas, Linz!! Glad you got home safely - gives me hope for getting the 70 miles back to snowy Worcestershire, if you can manage 350ish! Enjoy your Xmas - I guess if you're good, you're good, but probably not the time of year to really worry too much about it. Hope you get out to Tenerife ok - flights have been an absolute nightmare recently. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fantastic time hun, I bet it feels nice to be back up north :) Hope father christmas brings you lots of pretty things

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!