Monday, 27 December 2010

Xmas catch up and New Year Holiday...

A belated Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful time. I have made a complete pig of myself, but I'm not going to stress overly about it. It's made me desperate to get back on track, I am very much looking forward to being back in control!

I had a lovely time at my parents, it was wonderful to spend time with the family, especially my nieces who were so over excited by Santa Claus coming. On the 23rd we took my parents to see White Christmas and had a lovely meal at a small restaurant called Paprika - gorgeous food and highly recommended if you are ever in the Sunderland area.

Christmas Eve was spent with my nieces and then a few drinks at my parents local. Very relaxed.

Christmas day at my parents was the usual manic affair. My little sister and her hubby stayed over as well and my other sister and her family came round at 8am and we all opened our many presents (my mother goes completely OTT at Xmas, she is brilliant, bless her). There were 13 of us for lunch, so you can imagine the amount of food that was on offer. We'd literally just cleared the table from lunch when my mother began the buffet preparations (more of the family come round for Christmas tea) - I was so stuffed however, I managed to ignore food for the rest of the day.

Yesterday, we headed over to the coast to see our friends Alex and Rory who were also up North for Christmas (I went to school with Alex, but we now live about 500 yards from each other in Reading). They had hired an apartment in Tynemouth with Dorothy the cat, so we went there for food and drinks and to watch Rory do the Boxing Day swim in Whitley Bay - utter madness! We then headed to my sisters for yet more food and drink and a few rounds of Just Dance on the Wii. I can honestly say, I am sick of food and drink for now!

Today we drove back down South - a fairly hideous affair. 7.5 hours of stop, start, stop start, due to sheer amount of traffic on the roads. I am blaming Sales shoppers, as the weather was fine and there were no roadworks or accidents, just bloody millions of cars. Matt was suffering some sort of stomach bug (or if you ask him, he was dying), so I had to drive pretty much all of the way - I was not overly sympathetic to his plight as you can imagine.

So tonight, the plan is to relax. I've unpacked my bags from Christmas and am now thinking about repacking for my holiday!

Tomorrow we are off to Tenerife for the New Year and not back until the 8th January. The weather is looking good, so I cannot wait to escape the freezing cold temperatures of the UK and literally do nothing for 10 days. I've downloaded a few books on my new Kindle (I love it!) so, I shall be spending the next few days reading and lying around doing as little as possible before attempting a bit of tennis, swimming and walking to ease me back into some form of fitness.

Once I am back, I am determined to shift some more of this lard. I've made a pact with a few of my best  friends that we are going to get fit and attempt to walk up Mount Snowdon.... madness perhaps, but it gives me something to work towards. I'm going to join a gym in January and I am refocussing on WW 100%.

I doubt I'll be online much between now and when I get back from Spain, so I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Expect me to be a lot more prolific in my blogging as I attempt to get this lard arse back into some sort of shape :)

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great New Year, sounds like you had a lovely family Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely holiday Linz, see you next year :)

    Lex xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!