Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Thanks (and WI woes)

First of all, thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday. It really does help to have such lovely people out there. I continue to feel like absolute poo, but I am soldiering on and trying to pretend I do not feel like a steamroller has hit me and that I am not a snot filled mess.

As predicted, WI last night was not good. 3 pounds on. Which puts me back at 1 stone heavier than my lowest ever. Not exactly happy with that, but it has given me a little bit of a kick. I have at least pointed what I have eaten today, which is progress.

I am popping round to see a  friend tonight on my way home from work for dinner, so I am hopeful it will be a fairly healthy affair. I did offer to stay away on account of my lurgy and her having a small child, but she was adamant I should still go over. Tomorrow, I am supposed to be out after work for a couple, but if I still feel like this, I will probably head straight home for a bath and an early night.

We are spending this weekend in London (sounds bizarre given I have lived in London since I was 22, but I've never really done the tourist thing). Friday we are off to see a show (FlashDance, much to Matt's disgust) and Saturday we are going to do a bit of sight seeing and then off to Joel Robuchon for dinner. How very pleasant.

So, fingers crossed I can stay on track the next few days, I am not going to stress about it overly while I feel like crap and work is mental and still no news from the hospital, I can only concentrate on so much.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW to that restaurant, I would love to go there! Of course not a patch on the Arnison centre Sainsbury's café!

    Enjoy!

    Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linz, well done for persevering and going to WI, and sorry you're not feeling well - hope you're feeling much better soon! Have a fabulous weekend in London, and enjoy Flashdance, and your tasty restaurant - I must say I'm very jealous how often you go to nice restaurants!! Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!