I've had the temptation of Office Cupcakes (These chocolate topped ones are actually only 6 syns), Coffee Shops and a Chinese Takeaway to contend with, but I've managed by the skin of my teeth to stick within my daily Syns.
Not all has been lost, however, I did manage a couple of cooking accomplishments. Yesterday, I was hankering after Fish and Chips - proper Chippy style, but I talked myself out of it and came up with this little beauty for a more manageable 5 syns (Tesco Lightly Dusted Cod Portion with homemade oven baked chips and mushy peas)
Not a bad alternative and my chips were bloody good even if I do say so myself.
I also ventured into unknown territory by creating a Slimming World 'Quiche'.
- 4 eggs
- 300g Tub of Very Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- Mushrooms
- Onions
- Courgettes
- Parma Ham
- Salt & Pepper
Dry fry mushrooms, onions and courgettes (and any other veg that takes your fancy)
Mix Eggs with Cottage Cheese and Season
Stir cooked Veg and Ham into the Egg mix and pop in a flan dish
Cook for around 20-25 mins at 180 degrees.
Eat for a totally Syn free taste sensation.
So, for once I have a fairly quiet weekend planned. I am out in London tonight to meet some friends, but I will wake up in my own bed on a Saturday morning for the first time since the 4th June - how mental is that?? That makes me sound like a dirty stop out... I'm not, honest, I've just been away a lot :)
The rest of the weekend is as yet unplanned other than Sunday Lunch with friends at the Hinds Head. Happy weekends everyone!
Been wondering why your posts don't come up on my blog roll .... thats because I didn't complete following you, what a DOH moment !!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend :-)
Your quiche looks amazing compared to the version my mother in law makes!! Do you still use your actifry for your chips??
ReplyDeleteLex xxx