Wednesday, 20 July 2011

A loss by the skin of my teeth.....

Half a pound down this morning - which annoyingly I cannot register with SW online, so we're treating it as a stay the same. A miracle really given the weekend and my excesses yesterday.

I've come to the conclusion I cannot have bread in the house. Even if it is SW friendly and wholemeal - because as long as there is Lurpak in the fridge, then I will eat bread.

We'd booked a table for the Summer Tasting Eve at our local restaurant last night - which meant 7 courses, plus wine. Which means I should have really been on the ball yesterday with SW. I was not.  2 slices of toast - with Lurpak, Cherries, Tuna and Salad Sandwich, Walkers Crisps and 3 profiteroles, plus 2 more slices of bread and butter were all consumed yesterday in preparation for a 7 course meal. Really smart Linz.

Anyway, the food was delicious, as always, and I am today blessed with a fuzzy head due to the over consuming wine and lack of sleep. The spicy battered Hake with Sweetcorn Veloute and the Lamb were AMAZING. I am drooling now just thinking of them.


Anyway, once again, I am back at it. The last of the wholemeal this morning with a couple of Dairlylea light triangles and cherry tomatoes, Pasta with masses of veg and some bacon for lunch and SW Lamb Hotpot with greens for dinner - plus copious amounts of water. I might even dust off my trainers and head to the gym tonight. Let's not push it though, hey?

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that menu sounds gorgeous!

    And well done on your loss - shame the half pound won't register though. Every half pound counts!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to ban proper butter in our household! Instead we have some unappealing marge, but it works- there's no way I'll even entertain having toast dripping in gross margarine!

    You need to get that naughty Matt on board and not keep these temptations in reach! Says me, who's boyfriend brought home buy 2 get 1 free packs on all-butter shortbread at the weekend- grrr!

    Well done on the loss, you're doing brill :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bread is a downfall for me too, any time I have any sort of English Muffins, or WW bread in the house I always reach for it. But you're still doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!