A fairly good weekend for me really, other than the massive amounts of Prosecco consumed on Saturday night (I blame Aldi for selling it relatively cheaply) my food has been pretty on the mark.
Saturday turned out to be a very lazy day, but it was just what the doctor ordered. I started the day like this - 2 Joe's Sausages which are Syn Free with a very colourful Bubble and Squeak (Potato, Red Cabbage, Red Onion, Kale and Leek) and a dry fried egg. Delicious.
And ended it with this - Chicken (and lots of Veg - broccoli, red onion, spinach) Massaman Curry (made with paste - 1 syn per tbsp) with Rice and 1/2 a Paratha (around 6 syns - but so worth it). And this was actually cooked by Matt - the 4th time he has ever cooked I think - he did me proud.
Since Saturday was beyond lazy, I couldn't quite justify another day of rest on Sunday unfortunately, so ended up running around like a blue arsed fly.
The flat looked like squatters had invaded it, so a massive clean was in order, plus I had to then drag my sorry ass to the gym as well as cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
I made up a massive vat of Super Speed Soup - which looked like this when in the pan... Minging.
but actually turned out ok. It's very 'beany' not surprisingly - and mine was very thick (although I like that), but it's fairly tasty - although I had to add a lot of salt. I got 10 portions out of that pan full - so lunch is pretty much sorted for the foreseeable.
After breaking into a massive sweat cleaning the flat from top to bottom (which in my mind is exercise, but I am not sure my Personal Trainer will agree) we headed to the gym. I still don't like it, but I've put together a new playlist on my phone, so listening to that seemed to help the 30 minutes on the Cross Trainer go by a lot quicker - I was beetroot by the end of it. I did a few weights - mainly arm related, but had to stop the squats as my backside is still sore from last week. Honestly, I fear I am falling apart at the moment.
For dinner I put a joint of pork in the slow cooker with Leeks, Courgettes, Carrots and Onions and little bit of stock. This was cooked on low all day until the meat fell off the bone and then the sauce was thickened with a couple of spoonfuls of Bisto. Served with dry roasted potatoes and onions and braised red cabbage. Yum.
Please excuse the photo overload - I don't normally have healthy eating weekends, so I am just showing off.
Personal Training again tonight - let's hope I don't projectile vomit again...
Dam on Aldi ;-)
ReplyDeleteHAve a fantastic workout with your pt.
Mmmmmm Prosecco...lovely.
ReplyDeleteHope the training went well (for what it's worth, I think housework TOTALLY counts as exercise.
Sx
I always "comfort" myself in that it's lowER alcohol and therefore not AS bad for me. Or something like that! The rest of the weekend looks good so why not.
ReplyDeleteSarah x
You're a braver person than me with that soup! Hope it works!
ReplyDeleteThe bubble and squeak looked really nice, might have to try kale! Good work on the speedy soup, was it nice? I'm fed up of my minestrone soup already, think I overdid it! x
ReplyDelete