Thursday, 26 January 2012

Jekyll and Hyde

Radio Silence this week as I've been struggling a bit. Mainly I've been massively busy with work (yet again) but I am just not sure what the heck is going on with me at the moment - it's like I've got two different heads.

My exercise is going great guns. Still doing PT and noticing a massive improvement. I feel fitter, my strength work has improved loads and I feeling a lot better about it all - I actually almost enjoyed Monday's PT session - but I won't tell anyone. I managed 4 gym sessions last week - all pretty full on with 30 minutes of Cardio and then 30 minutes of strength (squats, kettle bells etc).

My meals are also pretty bang on. I am back following Slimming World and have been doing pretty well. Minimal bread, lots of lean meat and vegetables, the odd bit of fruit, enough water to fill a swimming pool. It all sounds great, right?

And that's where the good side of me ends... I just can't seem to stop eating crap in between.

Work is really not helping. This week in the office we have had:

  • Carrot Cake
  • Red Velvet Cupcakes
  • Nutella and Bailey's Cheesecake
  • Mini Chocolate Doughnuts
  • Mini Toblerones
  • Mini Green and Blacks bars
Seriously, it's like some sort of Sweet Paradise every bloody day and despite the fact that I don't have a sweet tooth (at all - I can have chocolate in the house for months and ignore it) I have pretty much tried all of the above at some point this week. I am so blooming annoyed with myself. 

The scales yesterday had bounced up 4lbs from last week. I just don't really know what I am playing at. I seem to love being a big fat blob.

Back to the drawing board again, I am wondering if I need to try something drastic - I just don't know what that drastic is. I get married in 8 months time - so if that's not enough to kick my ass, I really don't know what is. 

So - I am going to keep on with the exercise and maybe try wiring my jaw shut for a few weeks. Failing that,  I'm going to eat raw chicken in an attempt to poison myself off food (ok, I am kidding...)

In other news - here is the first proof of our wedding invitations... I am over the moon with it. My mother is not impressed - but then I am not sure she is overly impressed by any of my not very weddingy wedding plans. Ho hum.


This weekend we've a few social events to attend. An engagement celebration tomorrow night (Matt's best man has just proposed to my friend and we introduced them - such matchmakers), A Burns Night party on Saturday but I am going to drive and then Sunday lunch - again I am driving. Gym is happening tonight and at least once over the weekend. I just hope I can stop eating crap that I don't even want or particularly like. Wish me luck. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my God - I love, love, LOVE the invitations! Such a lovely, individual way to do it - none of the usual ponce. I say rock them - they are obviously very you-and-Matt which is the important thing.

    As for the rest - I whole-heartedly sympathise because I'm in exactly the same place. All we can do is wake up and try and make each day a fresh one and the best possible. At least that's what I'm telling myself to prevent running into the nearest wall repeatedly to alleviate my frustration with myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fantastic invitations, sorry Linzs' mum but it's your wedding and if you both love them then that's all that matters really.

    Very impressed with your dedication to the gym, I really just can't get going with my membership lately. Thinking of joining a nearer one that does more classes to try and get my exercise in that way.

    Keep going, it'll be worth it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous imvitations. Just love it. Just keep on keeping on xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great invites - the opposite of identikit invites and all the better for it. Good for you. (YOUR wedding, YOUR wedding)

    Snacks at work are always a problem for me too. Luckily there hasn't been too much around that I like recently. But I think once you start having sugar, you just want more and more of it. Or I do anyway.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! Good luck on your slimming journey! You might like my blog! I'm a certified trainer and will be doing some posts on fitness!!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!