Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Quick catch up and Wedding chat...

My resolution to blog more often appears to have failed. Work is still crazy - my 2 colleagues are still on holiday (seriously taking the pee now), so it's all a bit manic over here presently.

Exercise is going fairly well, since last Tuesday, I've done another PT session, a couple of 3 mile walks, 35 minutes of swimming and I've got another PT session tonight. Food is still a bit hit and miss. During the week I am pretty good - lots of veg is being consumed along with lean meat, the weekend was a little bit less focussed. We were away at a hotel near Bristol, so had cooked breakfast on Saturday, no lunch and then dinner at the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse on Saturday night.

We walked a fair bit during the day - a trip to Weston Super Mare (bloody frozen) and Cheddar Gorge, so that was helpful, but I am in danger of resembling an elephant soon if I don't sort things out... Look at that hamster face!!


So in other news, I felt I needed to get a grip on all things wedding related since it's less than 9 months away..... I keep having a fear that we're not actually getting wed and I am literally dragging people to Sorrento on the basis of a couple of conversations I've had with some random Italian Wedding Planner, who could just be performing some elaborate hoax on us...

Here's hoping not. The hotel has confirmed and we've paid a deposit. They've still not  released their menu's for this year so we don't really know how much it's going to all cost (we've a rough idea from last year), the ceremony is confirmed (I hope, again I just have the say so from aforementioned possible hoaxer). Invitations have been ordered and I am very pleased with these. The guest list has gone from 45 people to around 70 as we currently stand - thanks to my mother getting a bit carried away. I am sure a fair few of these won't come as we've a no kids rule, but currently 35 people have already booked flights. Eeek. 

The dress is ordered and paid for - I want to lose a bit of weight before my next fitting in March, so that's something I still need to address. Bridesmaid's dresses (i.e. my nieces) are ordered and have been tried on and are exactly what I wanted. 

My sister is making my shoes and my bouquet (like this), so I am currently scouring ebay for buttons and shoes that she can customise. 

I've a date in the diary for my hen do - although that proved incredibly stressful trying to find a date that would suit about 20 women, most of whom have kids, now we just need to plan something. I think we are going to York for the weekend, but it all depends on hotels and trains, so I guess I need to have a look at that soon. 

Actually - having written all of that down, I feel fairly organised. I can stop the Bridezilla bit for a while now and maybe focus on shifting some of this lard.

PT tonight, that will be a delight. 



5 comments:

  1. Okay, i know you can't go into too many details but a leeetle bit more on the dress would be great!

    How did you find the experience? Any tips? Anything?

    Yours in fear and desparation
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay for weddings! I can imagine how crazy it is to be having to plan everything for everyone!

    Have fun with it too though it'll be fun!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, you're WAY more organised than I was at the 9 months prior stage!! I think I'd bought bridesmaid dresses and that was pretty much it! How did the no child rule go down with your folks? We had some major battles when we banned children from ours but I didn't regret it in the end, some types of wedding just aren't suitable for children.

    York seems to be pretty popular with hen dos judging from the number I've seen in the city centre. Why not try and go for a weekend when the races are on, that's always a really fun day and if you go in the posh bit you get to dress up as well.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab planning Linz. Absolutely love the bridesmaid dresses, your hotel looks incredible and the bouquet is fantastic!

    Sounds like you're doing well with the PT sessions, I'm not brave enough to book any so i'll stick it out at thr gym on the treadmill and Zumba...i'm a wimp!

    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!