Things I've learnt this weekend:
- Children don't do quiet.
- Children need a lot of entertainment.
- When you are occupied with an endless stream of child related activities, it's really difficult to eat well if you aren't completely prepared (which I was not).
- I'm not a massive fan of Peppa Pig.
So, my eating has been utter shizz since Friday. I am dreading WI tonight. I found myself, far too often, picking at rubbish, left over chicken nuggets, chips, bits of Easter eggs etc. I've not pointed a thing, I've not been to the gym for over a week (unless you count the swimming yesterday, but I managed 4 lengths as I was on child duty). It's not going to be pretty. I've walked a lot, but that's about my only saving grace.
I guess when you actually have children, you are used to the constant stream of demands, activities and running around. I am not. Any form of plan I had to deal with my eating and exercise went totally out of the window. I found myself eating bits of their left over breakfasts and not making myself anything 'proper' hence I was famished by 11am and eating something quick and easy (rarely healthy). My plan to cook meals went out of the window as it was easier just to eat if we were already out. I've a fridge full of vegetables which will need to be consumed this week in an attempt to mitigate the crap I've consumed.
My nieces are adorable and I love them to bits, but I don't think I was ever fully aware of just how much hard work it is having a child. Of course, it's rewarding, when they are laughing and smiling and giving you cuddles or telling you they love you, but the rest of it - well it's just non stop. I completely applaud all you parents out there.
I'm back focussed on WW again today and hopefully there will be no more major blips for the foreseeable. We've a flat full of chocolate which I need to palm off on work and I need to get myself back to the gym. I fully expect a hefty gain tonight, which while very disappointing, will be fully deserved.
I'm expecting a very quiet flat when I get home tonight which will be very odd. I will miss having their gorgeous little faces around.
I completely agree with you, I applaud all the parents who can put up with their kids 24/7. I had my nephew for 2 nights/3 days and it was mad! I love him to bits but he is proper full on. You have to watch them all the time, be careful what you say in fear of them overhearing or repeating you and try and give them some sort of balanced diet that they will actually eat! My nephew is a fan of 'I don't like that', 'I'm full now (so I don't have to eat my vegetables!) and 'I'm hungry, can I have a biscuit?'. Think you deserve a medal looking after two nieces. And to think I actually want one of my own too? I must be mad!
ReplyDeleteMy gain was fully expected (but not really worth it) will remember that next time I reach for the pick n mix AND ice-cream! tut tut :(
Sounds exhausting! Maybe you burned off calories running around after the kids?
ReplyDeleteI am also dreading my weigh-in tonight, so at least I feel I'm not the only one that boat today. I'm sure gains are common after Easter.