I get married in 11 weeks (and 2 days). 11 weeks, people. At the rate I am going, I'll be at my heaviest ever weight.
However, this is probably the least of my concerns. It would appear I still don't have anything resembling a wedding dress. Despite being all smug and having ordered it about 8 sodding months ago, it would appear they've not even started making it yet. Now I am no expert, but I feel we are cutting it a bit fine here... especially given the dress maker has now decided I have to travel up North for my fittings... (originally she agreed I could go to her shop in Cheltenham, but now she's decided I can't. Cowbag). The shop owner up North seems to think it will all be fine, but really, I've about 4 spare weekends between now and the wedding where I can conceivably get myself to Morpeth and if they don't hurry up and give me a date, it's going to bankrupt me trying to get up there. I am now looking at 'Operation Back up dress' just in case. Sigh.
In other wedding news, the planner mentioned on Monday she'd need our table plans 15 days before the wedding. Table plans??? This was not something that had even entered my head. I'd very much assumed we'd just let people sit where they want - after all, there are only about 65 guests and as far as I am aware, none of them hate each other. The thought of having to sit and plan who sits with who has my breaking out into a cold sweat.... I've requested we just plan the top table, but had no response yet. Failing that, we'll just sit everyone alphabetically or something, how bad can that be, right? (I joke of course....)
So, once again I am committing to being a little bit better. If I can just lose a stone, I will be happier and it might get rid of this double chin or maybe that's because I am now 36 and everything is sagging?
This week I have to contend with:
- Dinner and a show tonight with the girls
- Girls night out on Friday
- Hotel stay and dinner with the boy on Saturday.
If I can successfully navigate all of that and stay on track and get myself to the gym, miracles will never cease.
Ohhhhh, table plans! Absolute nightmare! We really struggled. One of our bright ideas was to split up men and women and have blue and pink tables which went down like an absolute lead balloon. People get surprisingly funny about them.
ReplyDeleteHope you get the dress thing sorted. I second your cowbag comment.
Sx
hey hun have ya tried celebrity slim i use it and in the first week lost half a stone
ReplyDeletecheck out their website
http://www.celebrityslim.co.uk/
Ohhh table plans, I remember doing mine and trying to work out if it was ok to put family and friends together if they didn't know each other. Turns out everyone gets along and enjoys the day so don't worry too much about it!
ReplyDeleteHave a good week hun x
I strongly suspect that table plans are going to be a frigging nightmare. I'm employing my tried and tested method of ignoring it right until the 11th hour (it's never actually worked for me but I live in hope). I have definitely seen in the VERY wide array of bridal blurb I've read that allowing people to sit 'freestyle' is an option. I couldn't do that without risking people being bored/insulted but if you have a nice, sane family, it should be possible.
ReplyDeleteThe dress - well, that's rubbish of them. You don't change the rules like that. Hope it is a minor glitch when you look back on it and all you remember is how lovely the dress was and how much you loved it.
Now, I'm doing some catching up as your blog mysteriously vanished off my favourites list and as I mindlessly clicked down them, I managed to forget (durrr). So, tell me about the slimpod - is it working? Should I get one? Do you need some whizzy technology to access it?
Px
Hey P, I am hoping we can avoid table plans - but as we have some people with 'dietary requirements' i.e. Vegetarians, we may be forced down this route!
DeleteAs for the slimpods, I just downloaded it in MP3 format so listen to it on my iPhone. I think it is working to an extent, I definitely feel that I am thinking about food a lot less and I'm not so concerned about leaving things on my plate - this used to be a massive no-no for me! I can't really say it's working since I've not lost weight, but perhaps I only gained a pound after a week of millions of meals out might have something to do with this? Worth £30 I'd say x