Tuesday, 8 July 2014

It works?!

What do you know, Slimming World appears to actually work. My last couple of forays into SW were not successful, mostly because I didn't actually follow the plan. It seems a lot more straight forward this time round. I suspect the new 'Extra Easy' plan is the reason for this. It's so straightforward, even Matt is following it without any hesitation :)

I felt very focussed for my first week. I was organised, I had meals planned, I had a strategy in place to cope with the Champagne tasting meal on Thursday. I brought lunch to work mostly, I researched menu's for the days I had to eat out. I resisted the numerous cakes in the office on Wednesday, I made cauliflower base pizza for Saturday when I was babysitting so I felt like I was having a treat, I resisted the free Pizza lunch in the office yesterday. It's taken a LOT of willpower.


L'Ortolan Champagne tasting meal

Syn Free Cauliflower pizza


Eating out, being excessive, drinking alcohol after a stressful day, have all become the norm for me. I need to get back to mindset where a meal out is a treat, something to look forward to. Where a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday night is acceptable, not a couple of bottles. It's about give and take and I'm getting there, struggling at times, but I'm going the right way.

I've come to realise that the things I love the taste of are fatty. Roast Chicken on Sunday was bland  without the gorgeously seasoned crispy skin I am used to, mashed potatoes without tons of butter, meh. Wholemeal toast (a struggle) without lashings of butter, gag. Tuna without mayonnaise or salad cream - bleurgghhhh.

However, this just means I have to be more inventive. I'm getting an idea of what is 'Free' food & bookmarking recipes that appeal. I managed to produce some very tasty meals last week without using any 'Syns' and I just need to keep doing that.

My hard (ish) work was rewarded with a loss last night. 9lbs?? Far more than I expected and absolutely what I needed to make sure I continue in the same vein.

We're off to the cricket tomorrow via the Orient Express - completely OTT, I know. It's another day I have no control over, but at least I know I can plan around it and hopefully not completely sabotage myself.

Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. 9lbs is amazing!! And you're right, SW does work....as long as you actually do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!