Sunday, 9 January 2011

I'm back!

And what a shock to the system that is. From 25 degrees to 0 in the space of 5 hours. Ouch!

Anyway, had a lovely time in Tenerife, the weather  was amazing. I felt relaxed for the first time in about 3 months. I read 13 books (yes 13!) on my new Kindle, we drank a lot, we ate too much, we explored the Island. It was a lovely holiday with good friends. Just gutted to be back to reality now!




I am dreading WI on Tuesday, I imagine it will be a big gain. I am however relishing getting myself back on track. I am craving fruit and vegetables, I am looking forward to getting fit again and to planning meals and generally being back in control. My New Year's resolution is to stop messing around and get serious with losing weight. Last Year I achieved precisely zero on the weight loss front, it could have been worse in that I could have undone all of the hard work from 2009, but I also could have lost a hell of a lot more.

Anyway, no point dwelling on what I could have done and better to focus on getting myself to where I want to be. 

I'm at the hospital tomorrow, fingers crossed that goes ok, so not actually back at work until Tuesday, but at least I can sit down tomorrow and plan a few meals and get shopping for fruit and veg.

So, back to reality now and back to being in control of losing weight! Hope you all had amazing New Year's. I've a lot of catching up to do.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with hospital Linz, I too am off in Feb for my op (removing of gall bladder, thank god). Good to see youback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Linz! Looks like you had a fab holiday.. I'm back on WW with regular weigh-ins on the new plan so plenty of support (kicks up the ar$e!!) needed x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! It looks like you had a beautiful holiday. I'm off to join WW tonight having re-gained 2kg on my holiday.
    Hope the hospital trip goes well.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, looks like you had a fab time, you defo deserved the rest (13 books?? Wow!!) Hope the hospital appt goes ok tomo and good luck for weigh in tues, im back on Wed, don't know what i will be but it will be the starting point for 2011 whatever it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have you back Linz - looks like your holiday was lovely, and sounds like you certainly found the chance to relax finally.

    Welcome back - I guess you'll be joining the rest of us on that greatest of New Year traditions - the Grand Diet Restart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to have you back, I've missed your blog posts!

    Looks like you had a fantastic holiday, I'm not jealous at all, hehe.

    Hope the hospital goes okay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!

    Looking forward to reading your posts as you get back in the saddle (I'm saddle sore already!).

    Px

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!