I love this app - it talks to you while you are en route, telling you your pace. Definitely made me speed up a few times when I was flagging - and it's free!
After that, I had a fairly hideous trip to the dentist, which left me lacking control of my mouth and in fact, most of my face, for the best part of the morning. Dribbling is a fairly dreadful look. When the dentist tells you to rinse your mouth out, I am sure they are just laughing at your inability to do so. The upside was I couldn't eat any rubbish as I was in danger of swallowing my tongue, so breakfast was skipped.
Lunch was leftover Sausage and Tomato bake with some pasta and lettuce thrown in for good measure. Delicious.
Mid afternoon I had a cuppa and a Naked Cashew Cookie bar. This was really nice - just Dates and Cashews, I've not tried these before, but will definitely buy them again.
Dinner last night with the girls was delicious. We were on a set menu so only had a few choices, but the food was awesome. Excuse the crappy photos from here on - my iPhone camera is not the best without bright sunlight. We were given a Vegetable Amuse-Bouche to start which was a nice touch.
Followed by - erm... half eaten Duck Parfait with chutney and toast.... Doesn't look overly the best does it?? I can assure you it was delicious and it didn't arrive like that.... Perhaps I should have spared you this photo.
My Main course was Beef Bourguignon with Mash and Green beans. Quite a small portion but most satisfactory. The Mash was so creamy and delicious, I imagine there was a fair bit of butter in it, but it tasted bloody good.
Dessert was Brie with Quince Jelly, Chutney and bread. A couple of small slivers of Brie which can't have done me too much damage.
Washed down with a small glass of wine - it came with the offer, so really it would have been rude not.
I don't have too many plans for the weekend. Hopefully the weather will stay nice so I can get out for another walk. Sunday, we are meeting friends for lunch at the Hind's Head so I shall be saving myself for that, but nothing else is arranged, so I can hopefully continue to crack on with eating well.
Have a great weekend everybody. Let's hope the sun continues to shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to comment!