We'd arranged to meet friends for lunch at 12, so I decided to skip breakfast so I could eat what I fancied at Heston's pub, The Hind's Head. (Look at me name dropping).
I had to start with an amazing Scotch Egg. These are awesome, I could have eaten more.

My main course was Rib Eye Steak with Bone Marrow Sauce....(with one of Matt's Roasties).

.... and a portion of triple cooked chips. Seriously amazing stuff.

For Dessert I had the Rhubarb Trifle. I heart rhubarb.

Since yesterday was a fairly lovely day we asked our friends to drop us off about a mile away from home so we could walk off all that food. Not exactly huge exercise, but better than nothing I guess.
For dinner last night I just had a load of veggies (cabbage, leeks, onions, carrots, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and courgette) dry fried with a bit of tomato purée and water and sprinkled with some reduced fat cheese. I was totally craving Veg which must be a first. Perhaps aliens have invaded me.

Matt has been advised to rest so he's off the next few days, obviously I had to work from home to keep an eye on him ;)
He didn't get up til 11am, lazy arse, so I made brunch. Bacon, egg, toast, bubble and squeak, beans and a bit of haggis. This kept me full for hours!

Once I finished 'work' we went for a walk. Almost 3 miles done, now suffering with my ankle, but I will survive.

Dinner was delicious. 2 types of curry (one chicken and one potato) bulked up with a shed load of veggies, served with paratha and a spoonful of rice.

I definitely feel like my eating is a bit more under control and the weather is making me want to get out walking. Let's hope it continues!
Tomorrow is my last photo diary and then normal service will resume and I'll be back to my usual blethering :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Oh wow - Heston's food looks amazing (I've heard about the magical Scotch eggs and totally want to try one!), but your own food's not looking to shabby! Those curries look pretty lovely - do you make your own? x
ReplyDeleteVery yummy looking food. I have to say the veg stir fry looks delish!
ReplyDeleteI hope Matt´s back to normal soon.
Have you tried to go on the bike? That´s usually what´s recommanded by my physio, when I suffer from injuries. Bike or rower?